My first big attempt at a 'scaped tank!
So here's the tank now:
I know, it's U-G-L-Y!!! (the powerhead is on the front because I was testing it and messing around with it and it was annoying to put in back if i kept pulling it from the tank!)
My plan is to make it look like a garden. Complete with "raised beds" and a "tree."
Here's the layout for the "beds"
The cresse you see is the 'magic focal point' of 1:1.618
That's where the "tree" is going. But that's the idea I was thinking for the walls. I'm using red slate "chips" for the wall thing.
So my ideas so far are:
- Plants that look similar to those found in a garden, or close enough
My hygros (fav plants!) will be staying
- Two rock walls/raised beds (about 3-4" high) the majority of plants will be planted behind/in this
- A "tree" made of a branchy piece of drift wood with moss tied onto it
- I'm going to use fissiden fontanus
on the "walls" as a those bushes (they're evergreens) that hang down like this
- I want to get some hairgrass too, as "decorative" grass, I'm also going to be using micro sword and possibly some sags
- White sand is going to be the "pathways" substrate (maybe some slate '"stepping stones" too?) But I'm going to use something else in the beds, still deciding...
Any input would be loved
Thanks for looking! I'll try and update this as I go, as a journal