My 30 & 4 gallon tanks (pictures in side) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)
My 30 & 4 gallon tanks (pictures in side)

quick update on my 30 and 4 gallon tanks.

30 gallon (mid to high tech)

plants have been doing grate but i do have some algae. i think mainly because i have some inconsistency with my lighting and firtz and my CO2 (using DIY). i also think that because the water here is not as hard as the water at my school the algae has a little bitt more of a threshold. ether way i will be going pressurized after my next catering job.

Equipment:
Marineland C-220
150 Watt Eheim Jager heater
CF 1x 96 watt 12000k
DIY CO2

Substrate:
Flourite mixed eco-complete and some natural river gravel type stuff

Fish:
3 Dwarf Chain Loach (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)
10 Harlequin Rasbora
4 Otocinclus catfish
1 bamboo shrimp
Red Charry Shrimp
Snails

Plants:
Flame Moss
Dwarf lily
Blyxa japonica
unknown type of Crypt
Rotala Macrandea
Lindernia sp. Indian
Echinodorus Ozelot
Ludwigia Glandulosa
Bacopa Monnieri
Red Tiger Lotus
Fissidens Fontanus
Bacopa Pink
Downois
Anubias Barteri Broadleaf
Anubias Barteri Coffeefolia
R. Rotundafilia
Alt Rcinekii
salvinia minima
Glossostigma elatinoides
Hemianthus Callitrichoides
Rotala Macrandra
Eleocharis Montevidensis

4 gallon (low tech)

this tank really hasn't seen much maintenance (i don't even think it got water changes) when i was away. just recently i cut down the drift wood that was in there to give it a more open feel. not sure if i like it but i think i need some more plants in there anyway. would love some suggestions there. some nice stem plants that aren't demanding (i.e low light low firtz) that look interesting.

Before:

After:

Equipment:
AC 20
AC 25 watt heater
14 watt Floresent

Subsrtate:
peat toped with river sand

Fish:
1 male betta

Plants:
no idea by this point

"real cars don't have spark plugs"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ozymandias; 06-03-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

also i'm thinking i might get rid of the Echinodorus Ozelot in the 30 gal because i feel it's a bit disproportionate to my tank and would look better in a larger tank. any suggestions for that corner would be grate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
I love your 30 gallon! That lotus looks beautiful, and complements the rasboras very well!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

tanks it really like the water at my house (just completely took of here never looked like that at school, same with algae actually seems to like the softer water here to never had any algae problems really as school but here it love my tank)

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

i will also be taking out/moving the Eleocharis Montevidensis because it reall does not like the area it is in (mostly dieing back)

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

took out the Eleocharis Montevidensis and really would like some suggestions on plants got the 4 gal and the side in the 30 gal where the Ozelot is

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

right so messed around with the 4 gal today and thinking i might just completely redo this tank. not sure yet first i'm going to get a better light then i will decide on what to do.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

right had some problems with some hair/thread algae on the 30 gallon, a 3 day black out with excel took care of most of it. trimmed down some plants and will be going pressurized in the next week or two in that tank too. also been messing with the 4 gal and got some plant in the mail today from snake. so i added some anubias b. nana and java fern windelov to the tank will have pictures up later today

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

right here are some pics (haveing some issues with my camera)

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

right here some better photos of 4 gal

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

woot it came to day thank you so much mike and Sergio. know all i need is a tank and a place to fill her up.

and this thing is solid as a rock i love it absolutely love it. now here comes the shameless promotion every one check them out if you plant to buy a regulator there amazing people willing to answers any question and make rock solid equipment. and it came with extra airline tub and a brass check valve so again thanks you so much guys.

check them out
http://sumoregulator.com/

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

write so some updates on the tanks. was tired of the old hard scape in the 30 gallon and felt it took up to much room. so went to my LFS and look through all there wood and found two good peaces. i like this alot better and i now need to find some more plants lol. ether way much more satisfied also have around 5 corries in the tank now not sure what thay are but thay are varry active.

the 4 gallon has stayed the same for a while now but i have been getting really good plant growth in there and the betta is loving it and he actually does not mind the current the the AC20 makes (lowest setting). this tank i'm completely satisfied with and am not going to change anything on it.

i also i know this does not pertain to planted tanks but recently set up a 10 gallon reef tank to be. still cycling but should be fine to try my hand at reef keeping since i've mostly had planted tanks. the funny thing is i can see this tank being easier to maintain then the 30 gallon.

so tank as of now. thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 02:57 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
looks good, nice retro 4 gallon tank. Good luck with the reef tank. Ive thought many a times about setting one up myself. Be sure to keep up with daily top offs

-Chris

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
The lily makes a great center piece in your tank!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

thanks. i love the 4 gallon it turned out really nice so far. and i like that tiger lotus as long as i keep it trimmed down it stays really bushy. once i get my pressurized CO2 running i'll probably let it reach to top and see if i can get it to flower

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode