Crystalline Field - 2 Gallon Cube - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (56/100%)
Talking Crystalline Field - 2 Gallon Cube

Equipment
  • Aquatop 2G 8" Cube
  • Coralife 9/18w light fixture (using it as 9w)
  • Red Sea Nano filter
  • Cheap window tint
  • Two Little Fishies NanoMag

Scape
  • Aquasoil II Powder
  • Hollow stump

Flora
  • Anubias nana petite
  • Fissidens fontanus
  • Hydrocotyle japan
  • A piece of moss that I don't know the identity of (came with the shrimp)

Fauna
  • Crystal Red/Black Shrimp - ~16 S-SSS adults plus a new batch of babies
  • Albino Red Ramshorns

4-27-14

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Nice looking tank, did you harvest the petite from you 0.9?
What's up with the plastic tubing of the filter intake? Looks like...mold?

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
Nice looking tank, did you harvest the petite from you 0.9?
What's up with the plastic tubing of the filter intake? Looks like...mold?
Hey AA.

The petites came from my Mini M.

The tubing may have mold and/or algae in it. I set this tank up 2-3 months ago and I cleaned the filter tube at that time, so I imagine it is just algae. My 2.5G tank's filter has the same stuff in it. Either way, the shrimp are happy so I'm happy. And, as it so happens, another of my CBS just became berried today.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
If it was cleaned then setup I'd guess its algae instead of mold. Gratz on the berries lady hope your tank is fully of tiny crawlers soon^^

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

6-1-14

Mmm, dusty blinds.

Anyway, at least three batches of eggs have hatched so now there are quite a few little ones running around and playing in the Fissidens, of which has fluffed up very nicely. I was expecting the CRS to be a challenge to keep but so far they are breeding as fast as my RCS. I am fine with this...

We can see the pet limpet (aka the white dot) on the front glass eating some GSA or whatever limpets do. I manually added it and a few others into the tank in hopes of getting a colony in the tank, as I think of them as mini Nerites due to their love of eating GSA. Contrary to my initial thoughts, they squish easily. On that note, I've added my trusty Olive Nerite to the tank. You can see him cleaning the outflow of the filter.

I moved the filter to the center of the back rather than the far left since it hides the intake tube. AA should be pleased by this.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Kissing shrimpies:

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
you know iv never been a big fan of nano tanks but this one is very beautiful.

''To screw up a 180g does not take much, to fix up a screwed up 180g is an effort beyond most mortals.''
first planted tank 180g

(I'm 13
)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks 180g. I like small tanks due to the low cost of setting them up.

6-14-14

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
That fissidens carpet is magnfico! The shrimp looks really great as well.

Tags
nano, pico, shrimp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode