My 29 Gallon Photo Journal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 29 Gallon Photo Journal

Below are all the specs:

Tank Specs: (29 gal Planted) (Substrate - Flourite) (CO2 - Bottle/Rex Reg/In-line Diffuser) (Lights - Sun System Hood T-5 HO 24W x 4 = 3.31WPG)

Plants: Dwarf Hair-grass, Baby tears, Red Nesaea, Red Temple, Myriophyllum tuberculatum, Riccia, Hcrhemianthus Callitrichoides, Rotala Indica, Water Sprite, Moneywort, Cryp Wendtii Red and Green, Cabomba Caroliniana, Whorled Pennywort

Ferts: Greg Watson KNO3, K2SO4, Plantex CSM + B

Dosing: KNO3 10ppm, K2SO4 1ppm, CSM + B

Water Change: Sundays 30 - 50%

I'm using the Seatest kits to test Nitrate and Phosphate and I'm using the API tests for KH, Ammonia, and Nitrite. PH is read off my PinPoint Controller
CO2 levels found through the PH KH charts.

Tap Water Specs: PH (7.2) KH (143.2) Ammonia (0) Nitrite (0) Nitrate (0) Phosphate (0)

Water Parameters: Water: Temp (77F) PH (6.7) KH (143.2) CO2 (47.886 ppm) Ammonia (0) Nitrite (0) Nitrate (12-15 ppm) Phosphate (3 ppm)

Questions:

Dosing Ferts: I am dosing 10ppm of Nitrate, 1ppm of Phosphate. This is where my knowledge stops. I am having a hard time figuring out how much Potassium I am dosing. I have some Potassium in the form of Leaf Zone it's got 3.0% Soluble Potash and 0.1% Chelated Iron (Fe) and it tells me to dose 5ml per ten gallons. How do I achieve the levels I need. I think the levels are 10ppm - 15ppm ?????

Dosing Ferts: I am dosing CSM+B I have made a mix of 1 tablespoon to 500ml of water. How much do I need to put in per day? Or is my mix to watered down?

CO2: 15ppm or 30ppm I have herd both of these but would like some opinion on this.

I have included some pictures and will keep this Tank Journal updated every week, so everyone can see the progress. The first Picture is of the tank on (01 01 08) just after I installed the Rex Grigg Regulator, Reactor, CO2 bottle, and PinPoint Controller. The pictures after that are of the tank Today. I added some plants and did some rearranging. The pictures show about 3 weeks growth and some cutting.

Thanks
I'm sorry about the long read and I hope you enjoy the journal as it progresses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 01 08.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	5776  

Click image for larger version

Name:	02 01 08 Pic 4.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	5777  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers
I keep my CO2 at 30 ppm, and this is ideal. Much below 15 and you're going to run into algae problems quickly.

I dose via EI method so I don't have to worry about exactly how many ppm's are in each dose, as long as I am adding the right amounts of fertilizer the rest has been figured out by someone smarter than me.

As for the micros, you should try a search for CSM in the titles...

Check out this thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode