Whats your Thought of this "NEW" 40b Re-scape? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Whats your Thought of this "NEW" 40b Re-scape?

ok so its been a long time waiting and i just looked around at some tanks here and there and just didn't like that i saw in my own tank after a while so here is a quick Tank journal of just the new re-scape before and after, let me know what you guys think and what can be improve

so this is a photo of the tank before the new scape"
Awesome right? well to some yes, to me at first great but now its ok lol

so then i went out and bought some drift wood and here are the ones i got

nice looking right? i thought so till i changed my mind before i could even used them... lol so they are for sale, anyone interested pm me xD

so anyways moving on...

after the drift wood didnt work out, i decided to go with a different drift wood and landed on some manazita branch and wanted to do more of a stump like look to the 40b and here is what i put together with all the manazita i got...

Awesome right? I know but once they soaked in water for a week or two, most of the tannish went away and it was water log so i decided to add them to my tank at this point and tear down my 40b above to make this new look work.... plants came in and the tank was started to be tear down and within 24 hours this is what i put together...

its was just a start and within another 24hr, i had time to fill in a few more plants on the stump and this is how it turned out

as the day goes by i added some more plants to the right corner "rotala Will." which was a little brown but will turn a pink color within a weeks time as they were in a poor tank with no soil base substrate at the time when i got them in... so here is what the tank looks like as of this time...

there will of course be more plants added to the tank as i find and order them but what are your thoughts of this tank so far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I like the new scape, it's more natural looking. Your previous setup was very "farm" like, you have very defined sections. If you kept your old one, it would have been cool to add mini ceramic farmer figurines
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 04:56 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
It has much better depth. I like the addition of the rotala w. Just got some myself beautiful plant.

Warranty not included

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 05:36 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Looks much better with the plants. Starting to look like a real tree.
Now you have taught me that I don't need to find exactly what I want, I can build it.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

just added some more plants into the tank now, added some Staurogyne Repens in front of the rotala W.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

so i have some ideas of adding fissiden to the tank... what are your thoughts? should i add them or should i not? if yes where do you think i should add them at

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode