28 gal Bowfront - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to chadly
28 gal Bowfront

This tank has been set up since the beginning of september, upgraded with CO2 by the end of october.

SPECS:

28 gal bowfront dimensions 24W X 15L X 18 1/2H

Filtration; 2 hob powerfilters
Lighting: Coralife T5
Susbstrate: Schultz aquatic soil/sand base
Plants:

CRYPT WENDTII
HYGROPHILA POLYSPERMA 'SUNSET'
ANUBIA BARTERI "COFFEFOLIA"
ANUBIAS NANA
NESEA SP.
PEACOCK MOSS
JAVA MOSS
GLOSSOSTIGMA ELATINOIDES
ECHINODORUS BARTHII

Fish:

Glowlight Tetras
Black mollies
striata loaches
otocinclus
banjo catfish
Gold guarami
Bolivian ram pair

full tank

anubias nana

Blyxa japonica

peacock moss

Anubias Coffefolia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Join today!

Last edited by chadly; 01-23-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
Looks absolutely great. You really did well complimenting the colors of all the plants with varied shades of dark green and deep reds.

However, what is the val-looking grass plant in the background? Im not sure if you're trying to grow that out as a background...

And is that fish a bolivian ram? I didn't see anything on your fish list that matches it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks for the comments. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the val. That and the crypts in the middle. For the most part, I initially just wanted to get them grown out. I'm not having very much luck w/ the glosso, as the fish like to sift thru it for food. I may have to do something about that. I do have a pair of rams. I'm hoping to get them out sometime soon. I intend to breed them. I'll update my fish list. I still have some upgrades to make. Brighter lighting for one as well as a better diffusor of the CO2 since I broke mine.

- Join today!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Superb looking tank! Great colors!

How much watts of light do you have?

FYI -28g BF dimensions = 24W X 15L X 18 1/2H
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks, TBH I'm not sure of the total wattage. I have the t5 coralife dual and another strip light that's prob 20 w. It's enough for most of the plants I have just not totally ideal for the setup. I want to get the 2x65w coralife lamp.

- Join today!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadly View Post
Thanks, TBH I'm not sure of the total wattage. I have the t5 coralife dual and another strip light that's prob 20 w. It's enough for most of the plants I have just not totally ideal for the setup. I want to get the 2x65w coralife lamp.
Your tank looks great! You definately have an eye for aquascaping.

I run the 2X65 Coralife over my 29 gallon tank. The one thing I can tell you is that it is probably going to jumpstart everything into a more labor intensive tank. You will pretty much have to re-adjust everything to suit the higher light intensity.

BTW, I like your avatar. Isn't that a guy that was on PBS on a show where he taught people how to paint?

Filstar Pimp #106

- XP2, Dual Aquaticlife link Fixture , Pressurized CO2, DIY Reactor, EI dosing

On hold for a while...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks slayer of biscuits! I would very much enjoy redoing this tank w/ higher light. I'd love working with mosses and some more demanding stem plants.

Yes, the ever wonderful happy friend of mine, Bob Ross. Sadly he's left us but lives on in my childhood as I enjoyed hours of his show.

- Join today!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Tank looks great, chadly! Keep it up

Mike

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:13 PM

Looks great!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:18 PM

Beautiful setup, lovely colours, very well done chadly....
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks very much for the nice comments.

Since these pics, I trimmed the aromatica and of course the hygro. They both grow very fast. I've also added some pelia down in the front left in front of the anubias nana - Where the glosso won't take hold (steenkin fish keep digging it up). I'll have pics when the pelia starts to bounce back.

- Join today!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
WOW, those plants look grrrrreat! They look like silk plants - very vibrant (I honestly thought the Anubias Coffefolia was fake)!

I might suggest chain sword, if you're having problems with glosso as I've had some good luck grow it in my 10 under 2 - 13w CF.

Thanks,
AndrewH

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks you very much. Chainsword is not a bad Idea, although it believe it will get too tall and overgrow the wood and anubias nana

- Join today!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
Very nice tank. The layout is great.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode