My tank&Questions..(56k) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to NoObLet
My tank&Questions..(56k)

This is my thank....about 1mouth

What i want to do to this tank is add discus. But i am not sure if the water temp and the discus will be a good mix. Dose anyone have any suggestions to what i should do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PayPal Verified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)
You've got a nice tank with lots of potential. How big is your tank and how long has it been set up?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 12:42 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice tank!!! Im sure its going to look great once filled in!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 01:25 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Well we have to know your water temp first...Get a heater? That would fix your tempature problem, Discus are fine at 82-86. Another good suggestion would be angelfish with a huge school of cardinals. What about some german blue or bolivian rams there my favorite.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 03:44 PM

PTrader: (7/100%)
In contrary to popular belief I feel that discus might be one of the hardiest and easiest fish to keep!

right now I have 3.. and I love them (talk about fish having personalities!)...I never test my water and probably do water changes maybe once every 2 weeks

The only think you have to make sure is that the temp should never get below 82, and your PH is around 6.5...oh and they also like very soft water

As long as your tank is fully cycled and all your paramaters are correct then you should have no problem...be carefull though when introducing them into the new tank...acclimate them for a while and slowly add a little of your tank water to the LFS water they are already in.

Also turn the lights off so they dont get as stressed out.

Let me know if you have anymore questions concerning discus
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzi16 View Post
In contrary to popular belief I feel that discus might be one of the hardiest and easiest fish to keep!...water changes maybe once every 2 weeks...make sure is that the temp should never get below 82, and your PH is around 6.5...very soft water...tank is fully cycled and all your paramaters are correct...be carefull though when introducing them into the new tank...
You're right, it does sound like discus are easy to keep!
Still beautiful fish and surely worth the effort if not the price tag for admission.

How big is your tank Nooblet? a 55g?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
The only thing about discus is that adults are very expensive, and juveniles require a lot of work to raise. It is not necessarily difficult, but with juveniles, you would need to feed many times a day, do lots of water changes, and would be hard to keep in a planted tank. I would recommend buying adults, although they are pricey.

Eheim Pimp #254, Eheim Wolverine #1

Work in progress
10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT
20 Gallon Shrimp Tank (Work in progress)

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to NoObLet
I keep the water temp. about 78 and i am running the light about 8 hours a day and the co2 runs on the same timer the dimension are 36"longx18"widex12"deep...

HINT HINT I DO HAVE A HEATER... inline

I have about 4 adult discus u think i should put them in...

PayPal Verified

Last edited by NoObLet; 12-20-2007 at 01:46 AM.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode