75 Gal - Online Web Cam - Questions about what to do next... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
75 Gal - Online Web Cam - Questions about what to do next...

First off, I just wanted to send a big "Thank You" to all the contributors to this forum! I have trolled this forum soo many times and picked up a TON of great advice! Which brings me to this post. I have had my 75 gallon setup running for about 4 months. It is currently in its second iteration of planting. I currently have a bunch of swords and crypts and some grasses. Everything grows awesome using the EI method of fertilization. My picture does not do the tank justice (perhaps I need to read some threads on taking a better picture). I was wondering what do you guys/gals think I should do regarding my tank? I'm looking to change the look of my tank, and add some different plants. Here is some background info....

I run 265 watts of light which give me about 3.5 watts of light/gal, I used soil master select substrate and inject CO2 using a Rex Grigg reactor. I also run a turbo twist 9w UV sterilizer on a smaller Eheim 2213 and the CO2 reactor is connected to my larger 2217. With out further ado here she is...

Also you can check out my tank's web cam here:

https://www.speedyturtle.info/blog/?page_id=26

The web cam is connected to the side of the tank on the right hand side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	4900  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
welcome sounds like you've outgrown the need for swords, so get rid of them.
your remaining plants are distributed too symmetrically. take half from one side and
add them to the other side, so the tank's symmetry is more naturally out of balance.
get back the height you lose from the swords with a field of some new stem plants.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 AM

Wow beautiful tank! Lets see some better photos of those crypts there looking awesome!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 AM

That fish cam is awesome. lol either though I think it was an otto came and sucked right where I couldnt see lol!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode