I finally got my Soilmaster Select last weekend and finally decided to bite the bullet and transfer all of my gear from my 30G. My original plan was to use my 29G since my Oscar, JD's and Pacu's were living in the 75 but I decided instead to take the Pacus' back to the pet shop for re-sale hoping their new owner would actually have room for the. The Oscar is now in the 29G until I can afford to buy him a 55G and the JDs' are going to be donated to a local Elementary School.
Here are just a few pics of what it looks like finished. As soon as I take the time to e-mail my pics from my cell of the process, I'll update. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out although I'll be much happier after my Blyxa and Dwarf Hairgrass fill in some more. I'm also going to replace the Wisteria with Limnophila aromatica once things balance out some. I've also got another piece of wood that's boiling as I'm typing that will get Java Moss, Java Fern, and S??wassertang tied to it. Had it in but both pieces of wood seemed to be leaching sap (just Oak stems that I broke of my wife's tree, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................) and the bacteria. I still need to boil the crap outa the piece that's still in there. I bleached them both but obviously wasn't enough. So, I'll boil em' both but good and if that doesn't work out, I'll have to spend some money.
The Neons' are obvious. The other school are Zebra Danios'. I've read that they're nippers but so far so good. It seems that with 4' of open swimming room, they're ok.
So, what do you think? This is what the 30G looked like and I think it's a VAST improvement but then again, I'm partial.
I'm using the F305 that came from the 30G along with the F405 that was originally on the 75G. My CO2 is via 5# tank and in-line reactor. I added a 200 watt in-line heater. Wasn't sure if 200W would do so I bought 1 for each filter but so far 1 is plenty. I also added an in-line UV.
My Ludwigia is doing one H*@L of allot better in the Soilmaster
Then is was in that nappy old stuff that I picked up from the LFS that was supposed to be for planted ponds (no I don't remember what was on the bag)
I know it's still early but I just couldn't get the stuff to grow worth crap in the 30G. It always looked stunted and crumply.
So that's all for now. Hope you enjoy!