I just joined this forum a week ago and jumping in with both feet.
Coming from the reef side (20 years of various tanks), my original plan was to set this tank up for the kids. Recently it had gravel, some decorations from Petsmart, some fish and a plant. Seeing all the lush, beautiful planted tanks made me want to shift gears and go with a more traditional planted tank.
I made the tanks with ordered glass and used RTV silicone. The stand is a repurposed IKEA wall cabinet and door (door not shown below).
Biggest changes recently;
- Bought a 12" Finnex Planted+ LED
- Got rid of the sump and now just have the sunsun canister filter. Sumps have their purpose, but mine was causing a lot of moisture, and the beginnings of mold and rust on metal parts (ie. hinges).
- I'm reaching out to the folks on this site for a plant package (in a WTB thread), so a variety of plants should be coming soon.
- Not sure if I should use co2 or not. If so, probably a small unit.
- Need to finalize the design and layout of rocks/plants.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of the tank in its previous form a couple days ago with the stuff mentioned above. The pics below show it stripped down and waiting for aquarite, plants and rocks.