Resize - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to waterfaller1
Resize

Would someone be so kind as to resize this photo so I can use it in my profile please? I have Vista & it does'nt recognize my old Adobe Photoshop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
What size does it need to be?

Oh, I can crop it and fix the perspective on it too, if you like.

Sláinte!
Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thank you, that would be swell. It says 1 MB I think..let me check to make sure.
Edit: yes, that is it~ maximum size 1 MB

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

Is either one of these suitable? One each way:

Sláinte!
Cindy

-
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

Oh, btw, if we're looking in the same place, it also said 250x250 px.

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Those are great! You are the best.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Dang it..it still says too big.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Wannabe Guru

Hmmm. Now that's odd. Oh! I bet I know, You want this for your tank profile, don't you? I was looking in the wrong place . . . (there's a "user profile" as well which is where I was looking. D'uh!)

Hang on a sec . . .

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Wannabe Guru

Blast it, I know the file size is okay, they're both under 70kb, I can't find any info on what the px size should be, that's probably the problem. Do you have a link or can you point me to where that info is? It's certainly not obvious on the tank profiles.

EDIT: Never mind, I think I found it. It's under "Create Profile" and it still doesn't give a px size. Not under the main page, and not on the FAQ. If the software is supposed to be automatically downsizing pixel-wise it's not doing it. Might need to post in the Board Problems section about this. In the meantime I'll resize those to 50% of what they are now.

75%; much smaller and you lose a lot of detail. I never realized taking a pic of a cube would be more difficult than of a "landscape" style setup.

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Ok..I give up, it still won't take it. It says "Your image was too large. Maximum size allowed is 1mb. Please go back and try again"
But thanks so much for being gracious.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Wannabe Guru

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I had to take my husband to get a couple of wisdom teeth pulled . Probably needs to be brought to Kyle's attention, if it's not accepting it, likely because of px size, then it needs to be added to the FAQ on Tank Profiles. Also I've a couple of other ideas I'd like to mention about the profiles as well.

Sláinte!
Cindy

-

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Ouch..no apologies necessary. Hope he is feeling better soon. Make sure you baby him until monday. I was lucky at the time I had mine out, I lived with a nurse.By monday I was back to work.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Here at work they won't buy me an expensive license for Photoshop, so I found this free program and have never missed PS since! http://www.getpaint.net/
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
If all you want to do is resize pics, and you are running windows XP try this (Sorry to say, but right now it does not look like there is a vista equivalent.) :

OK, I've seen this come up a few places, and a few times, so I'd thought I'd just make a post.

If you are running windows XP, there is a neat little utility from Microsoft that lets you right click on an image, and just set the size you like.

The link to the utility is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

toward the bottom on the right side of the screen you will see
Image Resizer
Download ImageResizer.exe
521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

Click on the EXE file, and it should ask you where to save the file, and then you can run the executable to install.

Once installed you can just right click on the photo

click on resize, select the size you want

or enter a custom size

and it will make a resized copy for you.

HTH,
Walter

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
^

Whoa...cool.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode