Planted 10 Gallon Shrimp Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
Planted 10 Gallon Shrimp Tank

Well, this is going to be a "Trial and Error" process and any advice welcome as I intend to use this tank to breed RCS. If those go well I may try other Shrimp varietys....

You can see the post about these tanks here:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ge...d-fortune.html

Essentially this is a complete 10 Gallon setup, hood (2 Incandescent light fixtures), Penguin Bio-Wheel Filter, Stealth Submerisible Heater, and they had some really nasty gravel.

My "Before" pictures sucked since the batteries were dead and my hand without a flash and this lighting just isn't good enough (didn't setup the tripod.

So, I now have it setup with Flourite/tahitian moon sand mix from the 46 Gallon and some Dwarf Hair Grass in the back.

Oh, and yes it included the background. And yes, I realize I still need to do a bit of cleanup.

125 Gallon AGA w/ Overflows
Filtration: Ehiem 2026 Filter, Dual "Ghetto" Overflow Internal Filters
Lighting: 1x96W Current USA CF - 2x96W Generic CF
Co2: Pressurized Co2 - Rex Grigg Regulator, SMS 122, and Rex Grigg Reactor.
Plants: Pogostemon yatabeanus, Foxtail, Bacopa, Egeria najas, Anubius, E. 'Ozelot Red', Ranalisma rostrata, Hornwort, Rotala Indica, Ludwigia Repens, Vals, Cabomba, Lilly, MoneyWort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
I recieved my shrimp last week and cleaned up the front glass some so I could get pictures today. I was also playing with the camera and managed to get some pretty good shrimp pictures.

Here is the whole tank at the moment. The rock the moss is on actually came with the tank but had a fake plant on it, I subsequently removed the fake plant.

Lighting is now 2x15W Compact Flourescent Screw Ins. Heater isn't needed so I haven't even bothered to plug it in (tank stays a constant 80 degrees).

125 Gallon AGA w/ Overflows
Filtration: Ehiem 2026 Filter, Dual "Ghetto" Overflow Internal Filters
Lighting: 1x96W Current USA CF - 2x96W Generic CF
Co2: Pressurized Co2 - Rex Grigg Regulator, SMS 122, and Rex Grigg Reactor.
Plants: Pogostemon yatabeanus, Foxtail, Bacopa, Egeria najas, Anubius, E. 'Ozelot Red', Ranalisma rostrata, Hornwort, Rotala Indica, Ludwigia Repens, Vals, Cabomba, Lilly, MoneyWort

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode