I've had this tank for a while, but I rent and I was going to move, and I still might move... But enough was enough and it was time to get it up.
I have no real plans, and no real expectations for this craigslist find, as long as it holds water I'll be happy.
The light is a 6 foot aluminum heatsink with 12 cree xm-l2 diodes. I had gen 1 xm-ls but I am pretty sure I overdrove them when I was trying to build an lm3409 driver of o2surplus' design. I'm now using an inventronics driver in the mean time. I ordered these LEDs direct from cutter in Australia and am very pleased, they are the same as the led group buy engines, although these are the copper PCB that I don't believe he offers. I didn't have galvanic corrosion in mind when I got them, but if that winds up being a limiting factor I'll be thrilled.
Filtration is a filstar xp3, with a koralia evo 550 and 1050 for increased circulation. I also have a cerges reactor attached to a 15# cylinder under there. Its a dirt and blasting bottom, but I'll dose some as well. I'm honestly fairly lax with the dosing though.
I am about 50% done planting and would like some wood eventually, but getting the ecosystem established is number one now.
I'll try and keep this updated here and there to document growth and whatnot.
Thanks for looking!