"The Divide" 49G Rimless Starfire - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
"The Divide" 49G Rimless Starfire

Hey guys, here are some pics my 49 gallon starfire that has gone through some changes in the past 3 years.

The stuff at the back of the last few photos is just peacock moss grown on stainless steel mesh that I was growing, its out of there now.

current plants:
HC
MM,
M.glomeratus
rotala rotundafolia sp pink
peacock moss
phoenix moss
flame moss
needle leaf fern
crypt parva
microsword
erios belems
s.repens
long hair grass

Substrate: Netlea w, homemade slow release tabs
Co2: 2bubbles/sec
Ferts: homeade EI liquid ferts, home made iron liquid ferts
lights: 6xt5HO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7820.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	266082

Last edited by jimmyjam; 01-27-2014 at 04:19 AM. Reason: forgot to edit pics
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 03:58 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Pics don't work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Attachment 266082

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Cool setup.

~Sam

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks sam, on another note, what is the best way to post pics in bulk here? Is it better to just upload using the uploader device on the forum, or upload to photobucket and then page url? Or maybe Icloud and then paste?

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

Prob imagur or photobucket. I'm usually posting from my iPhone and this thing only lets me add one pic per post which is highly annoying. Id prob use imagur myself

~Sam

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

my apisto sp rio negro

Some new Persicaria sp sao poalo seedling

RC

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

Beautiful apisto! And rotala colorata is one of my favs. Great color and an easy plant all around

~Sam

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Beautifull and lovely what water did you use to flood the tank(RO??)

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk2

My 40 Gallon Planted Tank -

Don't Care about money while you enter into a hobby
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ThNKS GUYS!

I have used tap (which is about tds 140) for majority of its existance, but with all my dosing and some rock leaching, my tds is almost 320 (gh 10, kh 7) I think this led to the melting of my Tonina sp belems? I started adding some RO to it now (aiming for TDS 200), lets see if it turns it around. This is literally the only plant that I have ever had die on me (excluding crypt melts) thats is not associated with light,co2 or nutrients) Any suggestions?

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
check your gh and kh as well. I hear tonia (as well as syngonanthus sp.) need soft water. Ammania species I think also have a preference like that.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

good call, im on it. I suspect gh is at least 14 with that high of a tds

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quick update , the apistos layer eggs!!! I also found out that the extra female apisto turned out to be a ugly fat male. No wondering it was getting attacked big time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Gonna be selling a new package for all your Canadians out there. Check out the buy and sell section soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
jimmy jam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode