So my girlfriend had her baby 3 weeks ago, and with how hectic things been around here, all i had time for was to feed the fish. So considering my last real clipping job was 5 weeks ago, and water change 4 weeks. My tank got in rough shape.
My poor guppies had a small area to swim in, and the cardinals never seemed to leave the planted forest they lived in so i figured it was time to finally put a few hours into my tank. I started by pulling the majorly overgrown plants out and cutting the roots and crummy looking bottoms away. through the algae riddled plants in the bucket right away, then picked through for the best cuts. Started planting the back left and moving towards the front right. After all was said in done, i filled the 5 gallon bucket with my plant clippings i was trashing and i was rather pleased with the outcome, to me the plant layout seemed better.
So heres the before tank (version 2 of my 10 gallon) (before the overgrowth)
and here is the new version 3 of the tank.