Random Pics and what I like about them. 56K warning! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Random Pics and what I like about them. 56K warning!

Random Pics and what I like about them.

I was sitting here just browsing thru the "My Pictures" folder and came up with 10 pictures that I really like for a variety of reasons. I don't think of them as "award winners" or particularly noteworthy, just ... there's something about each of them that I find attractive. I thought I'd share them with you in hopes that you enjoy them as well.

So, in no particular order ...Pics & Musings ...

These guys sure know how to dig for blackworms! I've seen them go quite a ways beyond "eyeball deep" and their bodies quiver and shake as they dig down after the prize!

I thought this one was kinda cool because he doesn't look real ... it looks like he's just hanging there in mid air with no visible means of support!

This next one is a really crummy picture, but can't you just hear him saying "Ain't I SOMPTHIN' SPECIAL, Look at ME!"

denisonii/leerii ... I like this one because, to my eye, it doesn't look like a photograph but a painting. It's not, of course, but there is something about it...

This is one of my Kribinsis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher) fry exploring his 2 gallon "punchbowl" nano. He/she and 1 sibling are sharing it with 10 RCS and 1 teeny otocinclus.

YES, I know the color balance is off ... (that's SMS charcoal substrate) ... but it's the odd coloration that I find attractive, it's what makes this picture special to me. Setting the white balance to "flash" is obviously not the correct thing to do when taking pics with these particular lights in this particular aquarium. Oh well, every day I learn something ... either to do, or NOT to do.

Just a calm view of the greenery in my 55 ... this one from back in June before the jungle "took over".

Sometimes (not often) ... "on camera" flash is a good thing. It made this pic kinda pop off the page.

Another pic where the subject just seems to float in the air.

Even though there are spots on the glass and other "yucks" about this one, I think it's a really nice example of a rainbow shark. The coloration, the sparkle of the flash off the scales, the algae all over the crypt and moss ... oh well ... if everything were perfect, we'd have nothing to strive for.

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed them as much as I do.

Keep Smilin'
John

"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
.................................John Wayne
disclaimer: When I took "The Dukes" quote as my signature, I was thinking of me, not you.

Last edited by JohnInFlorida; 10-17-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers
I like the ones with the clowns digging pretty neat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
beautiful pearl gourami

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
In the pic of just the plants, what is that light green plant in the very front?

Love the pics!

~Amanda~

54g Corner Bowfront Planted, 2x24w T5HO
220g Mixed Reef
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 03:46 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
I love the pearl and dwarf rainbow. Got those guys in my tank too Beautiful pics. All my pics of fish come out blurry!

Eheim pimp #255

75 gallon semi-aggressive community tank with pressurized CO2, 8.6 gallon cherry shrimp tank
40 breeder reef

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
I like #2
My first thought was 'wise old man of the aquarium'

Something about the scale of the kind of look on his face (if you know what I mean) made me think of old samurai master kind of a deal.

All cool pics with the commentary.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

forddna: Lobelia cardinalis ... That one came in a pot from my LFS ... it's now in about 6 bunches, each the size of that one (ain't nature wonderful?), spread between my tanks. I've got one piece that I've moved into what I call "the punchbowl nano" (a 2gal crystal punchbowl that I appropriated from the china closet ) in hopes that it will grow submersed/emersed.

The Punchbowl Nano: (Lobelia cardinalis is left rear) I could live without the palm fronds etched in the glass but ... it's ok since it was free ...

Thanks again to everyone for your nice comments.

Keep Smilin'
John

"Life is hard;
disclaimer: When I took "The Dukes" quote as my signature, I was thinking of me, not you.

Last edited by JohnInFlorida; 10-17-2007 at 02:01 AM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers
Now that is cool. I might have to dig through the wife's china to see what kind of crap she's got in storage

I knew she was good for something.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
I'm seeing all broken links for the pics.

90g journal:

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -

SAPS member -
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Me too. It was working fine last night.

~Amanda~

220g Mixed Reef
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
I can see them just fine...wierd

Mike

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I dunno about the broken links, they're fine now ... perhaps it's Comcast (where my storage is located). They've been updating their equipment and revising customer's storage/personal web pages ... perhaps they had it down for a few minutes. If it remains a problem, let me know and I'll move them elsewhere.

Keep Smilin'
John

"Life is hard;
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I'm still not able to see them. PS Thanks for the info on the plant. That's what I thought it was, but wasn't sure.

~Amanda~

220g Mixed Reef
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
Me neither. It's just a bunch of little boxes with this in the middle: x.
Maybe it's the servers here at work. I'll check on my home comp when I get there. If Comcast doesn't satisfy you for hosting photos, you can always try Photobucket, Snapfish or Yahoo! Flickr
I personally like Photobucket.

90g journal:

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -

SAPS member -
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
I have the exact same lamp!

Eheim Pimp #254, Eheim Wolverine #1

Work in progress
10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT
20 Gallon Shrimp Tank (Work in progress)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode