My Journal.40g.update* - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to NoObLet
My Journal.40g.update*

So a little over a week ago my cat and a ladder got to my tank and i said that i will build a ada tank. So i thought about it and i said to myself if i buy the ada tank it wont look right without all of the glass ware and the stand and stuff and it did get pricey. So i made up my mind. I am got this tank(36"*18*16). I am going to trick this tank out with all of the glass ware. I got a glass diffuser on the way and a in line heater and lilly pipes on the way. I have not deiced what i want to do on the lighting. I am going to build a ada style stand. (IF ANYONE HAS PICS OF HOW TO BUILD ONE POST IT). I know i know now u are saying why didn't i get a ada tank because if i did i could not afford the lilly pipes and the glass diffuser and the stuff to make a stand. But Yeah i am fully tricking out my aga so i shall call it adag..(aqua design amano ghetto). so i guess ill make this into a journal. If u guys can help me out with plants that will be nice.(sorry 4 the bad pic)

Last edited by NoObLet; 12-12-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx
The search button is your friend:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...lding-ada.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to dufus
I'm feeling ADAG, that ADA glass stuff gets pricey quick!
TGFE
(thank god for ebay)

-Devin-
Steve irwin- a father, a hero, a memory now. -We'll miss you mate

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufus View Post
I'm feeling ADAG, that ADA glass stuff gets pricey quick!
TGFE
(thank god for ebay)
Yes, that's true, I hope that the link I posted was helpful in some way...good luck! I have no carpentry skills whatsoever and if I was around a power tool I'd want to use it even if I didn't know how so its probably a good idea that these DIY projects are left to others, lol...

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx1 View Post
Yes, that's true, I hope that the link I posted was helpful in some way...good luck! I have no carpentry skills whatsoever and if I was around a power tool I'd want to use it even if I didn't know how so its probably a good idea that these DIY projects are left to others, lol...
Lol im good with wood and measurments but i suck at math.....

I just got some tek t5's(4x39) i cant wait till they get here and a inline heater and a glass diffuser and i am finishing my ada stand i will post pic of that when i am done...
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I got my tek light and my inline heater and my co2 setup so i will post pictures tomorrow when i get off school. Soo stay put...

PayPal Verified
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Ok so it took me a long time to build but i manages to do it... I got no help at all with this it was just me my parents supported my with the money...
(remember in 14) I am going to start the set-up today SOOOOO HAPPYY. MADE because aqua forest was closed and i went the sf for nothing..>@&^) but i am going tomorrow

TELL ME WHAT U REALLY THINK!

PayPal Verified
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Looks like you did a very nice job. Good work!

Mike

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers
Very impressive woodworking. What kind of shop do you have set up? Looks to me like you've got more than just a miter box and a hacksaw at your disposal.

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Yeah i do my dad friend owns a shop so i bought all of the wood from him and used his shop built this all for 150 bucks.... because i had all of the tools i needed.. Went over the shop everyday i got off school..

PayPal Verified
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I put all of this in today a lot of java fern and i got hc on mesh and i am still waiting on diffuser. I grew Christmas moss on the wood. The water is cloudy because i had it sitting in a bucket with water and the water was really dirty.

tell me what you think and what i should change.

PayPal Verified
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Why is my water like this there is like a clear film on the water---

PayPal Verified
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
It is pretty common. Nothing to worry about. Add a little surface agitation and it should go away
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/se...y=surface+scum

Mike

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 01:46 AM
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
NICE! im doing something similar, at a similar age ; )

*cough*15*cough*
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to frozenbarb
Wow that is some Scary film. And the bark i think u should if scraped it off.

Only thing on my mind is
Your one Rich ****** lol
Your like load for everthing.Did you just start from Flat wooden Planks of wood
Did your dad friend helped?

One month in.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode