Video of the 120 Gallon Dutch hybrid scape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
Video of the 120 Gallon Dutch hybrid scape

[video=youtube;EvYlESwupBU]http://youtu.be/EvYlESwupBU[&feature=youtu.be[/video]
http://youtu.be/EvYlESwupBU

Regards,
Tom Barr

Last edited by plantbrain; 01-14-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: embedded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
WOW! Da....ng NICE!! Awsome Job.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Beautiful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Very beautiful! I am hoping my plants turn out to be that full of color and healthy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Image was embeded last night, now it's not, dang.

Regards,
Tom Barr
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Might be the best incarnation yet Tom. It is really nice to see the elephant noses. I have to wonder if your lights are washing out the greens a bit.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Looking great as always.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
Do you only keep a single elephant nose? What do you feed him/her?

Tank looks awesome by the way!

Piano

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
Might be the best incarnation yet Tom. It is really nice to see the elephant noses. I have to wonder if your lights are washing out the greens a bit.
Reflective wash out, yes, I opted against so much red in the lighting in the past. I tried to balance with stronger blue, and 2 white bulbs(GE starcoat are by far the best white bulb available), but the red advantage is awesome.

I think it's a lot as to what you become conditioned and accustom to. I use to like 5000K bulbs, then 6500, then folks liked the 10,000K, then they went back to the red 9325's and then I'm back in the red end of things again.
I could not handle the URI red sun bulbs initially, they were too freaky, but now I use one in all the tanks.

Regards,
Tom Barr
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianofish View Post
Do you only keep a single elephant nose? What do you feed him/her?

Tank looks awesome by the way!
I have 4 in here, this is the runt. The other 2 hide till you feed and another comes out every so often. At night they are all over the place.

I had more, but they picked on one runt and I'd to put him into the 180.
They eat mostly brine and crushed RCS I cull. they'd likely eat worms, but........I'd rather not.

I wish they'd eat RCS live.

They are hyper active fish, larger and high respiration rates and most people kill them in planted tanks.

Regards,
Tom Barr
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Very nice. Did you change the bulbs again? It looks like there is purple and blue specials in there?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendy8888 View Post
Very nice. Did you change the bulbs again? It looks like there is purple and blue specials in there?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No, same for the last 3 weeks or so now.

Giesemann Aquaflora
Zoomed Flora
Wavepoint Sunwave
Wavepoint Red Wave
URI Red sun
Wavepoint Sunwave
Zoomed Flora
Giesemann aquaflora

The reflections on the wall, the outer bulbs are red already......but the bluer ones are more towards the middle. So you tend to see more red in the wall, I moved them to the outside in the past and put the reds up front and the blues in the back.

Nice look, but I'm not concerned about it, just getting max color without modifying any ferts. You can see it works. Hard to photoshop a video.

Regards,
Tom Barr
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (58/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantbrain View Post

Nice look, but I'm not concerned about it, just getting max color without modifying any ferts. You can see it works. Hard to photoshop a video.
Amazing Tom. This is how they should judge planted tank contests. You can actually see the tanks as if you were standing in front of them in person and no way to add elements or bump up the colors for that dramatic impact. When a contest is judge this way is when it actually becomes more of an aquascaping contest and less of a photography competition.

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 03:01 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
I had no idea you had elephant nose in here...that's amazing. I thought they generally didn't do well with their own kind though, but I guess in a tank this size it doesn't matter?

I just had to ask, is that mini pellia growing near the top of the big stump? How hard was it to get to to stay there and what method did you use? Also, is that erio parkeri behind the Ludwigia red? How tall is it if I may, its hard for me to think of its real height as everything balances really nicely in this tank (but I want to know for my own purposes since its a plant I'm interested in :P)

This tank is the tank I think most tanks should strive to be.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 03:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (58/100%)
That is eriocaulon compressum. Pretty cool plant that is fairly new to the hobby.

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode