Val Contortion
Rotale Indica R Round

55gallon
130 Watt CF
CO2 injected
DIY Reactor
Flourite Substrate
350 Mag filter

Opinions welcomed! I think I may kill the Blue background but unsure. I really need to add something in the background middle. but cannot make up my mind on what I want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
i think your tank would look great with some forground plant m.minuta, e.tenellus, dwarf hair grass, ect...

looks good just needs to fill in and be tweaked a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Tank looks nice! You might try a black background if you decide to get rid of the blue. Also, you might want to add some more fast growers just to combat algae at the beginning. A few questions about the plants: Is the crypt still in the pot? You can leave it, but I found better results by cutting the pot off and carefully removing the wool, then planting it back in the substrate. Is that really rotala indica? this plant is often mislabeled as indica, when it is actually rotala rotundifolia. Not a big deal, I'm just curious for my own knowledge! Also, I didn't see the dwarf sag in the pic, but it looks like you have some HM towards the front on the right half. Also, it looks like you have some anacharis in there. maybe I'm just seeing them wrong. Again, no big deal, I'm just working on learning to ID plants, so it's fun to try on other peoples tanks! overall, good job, and keep up the good work!

Mike

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks guys; I'm sure I misquoted what some of the plants are; the red plant is in fact rotala rotundifolia. It did come in a pot; I cut the pot off but left the wool, should I remove the wool? The Crypt came without pots so I just tried to bury the roots the best I could. The dwarf sag is hidden behind the rocks so I think I may move them forward. Thanks for the suggestions

Tom
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

Tom, you could leave it, but I generally try to remove it. It's not too tough, just carefully peel it away. Try to leave as many roots as you can
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Mike; hopefully going to the LFS this weekend to get a couple more plants. That is if my wife is not in labor, she's due on Saturday!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Wannabe Guru

Congrats on the little one! What is your local LFS?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks MIkeI've been going to Choice Aquariums in Farmington and I've also checked out Fish Doctor in Canton. I did a little of rearranging tonight and once everything settles again I take some more shots

So where is Lenox?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

I haven't been to either of those, but I have heard good things. I'm from macomb county, but I'm currently in Mt. Pleasant at CMU (grad school)

Mike

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodolan View Post
I haven't been to either of those, but I have heard good things. I'm from macomb county, but I'm currently in Mt. Pleasant at CMU (grad school)
Cool; what are you studying? I have to say, Choice has a very nice selection of plants and a great live stock. Good people to work with as well.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03sonicstang03 View Post
Thanks Mike; hopefully going to the LFS this weekend to get a couple more plants. That is if my wife is not in labor, she's due on Saturday!
Congrats from another Ford person!!

~Amanda~

54g Corner Bowfront Planted, 2x24w T5HO
220g Mixed Reef
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddna View Post
Congrats from another Ford person!!
Thanks; I picked up my Mustang the day before I got married. I figured it may be my last chance!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode