My first planted tank(125) Opinions welcome - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My first planted tank(125) Opinions welcome

Well I feel pretty good about my first planted setup, it cost a lot more than I meant to spend but you all know that, now if I can just keep it looking good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_1DSC00851.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	4319  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Not bad, but your piranha needs to be put back in the water.

IMO it looks good with 1 possible exception. IMO the large amazon sword that is sitting dead in the center needs to be shifted to one side or the other.
Check out The Rule of Thirds
What kind of equipment are you running?
Lighting schedule? Dosing schedule?

Walter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Pretty tank. I agree with moving the center sword, maybe a group of 3 swords the the left and leave the one on the right. That's really all I would do. Nice school of cardinals too

Eheim pimp #255

75 gallon semi-aggressive community tank with pressurized CO2, 8.6 gallon cherry shrimp tank
40 breeder reef

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
I think that you're going to find that most folks are going to have something to say about that center sword . Why don't you try moving it over next to one of the others? Generally speaking most planted tanks are aiming toward reproducing some sort of a natural feel to them, when you put an object dead center like that it tends to say "artificial." Especially when it's a nice, largish, attention drawing sword like that.

I like your hardscape and the way you've got the vertically linear plants (sag?) grouped around the one to the right. Also the way you've broken up that grouping with the finer leafed plants.

All in all a start to be proud of I think !

Sláinte!
Cindy

-
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
I agree that you are off to a great start. Just keep playing with the setup and taking everyone's suggestions into consideration. Good luck!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
you need some carpet plants, something like tenellus or crypt parva. the fish statue there looks good

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
Nice job! You have a good eye..this will come easy to you.

I agree with the others on the center sword, though. Small detail. ;-)

~Amanda~

54g Corner Bowfront Planted, 2x24w T5HO
220g Mixed Reef
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, I'll give some thought to moving the sword.
125 gal tank
substrate is seachem flourite and regular sand
co2 system from Rex
nova extreme t5 HO lights-312 watts total
3 emperor hob filters(doing a decent job)
angels,cardinals, albino bristlenose plecos(long and short fin), albino cories, otos, 1 clown loach because I hate snails

running half of lights for 12 hours, all lights for 8 hours, filters for 22 hours, co2 for 12 hours with lights.Not using any ferts at this time but I might start looking at that soon. I've got a bit more algae than I want but it is a fairly new setup so I'll give it a couple months to settle.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode