I've been lurking on this forum for a while and decided it was time to start my own journal. I started setting up my 20 gallon high tank in November 2013. I know next to nothing about keeping planted tanks, but decided this tank would be where I learn.
So I set it up with some plants. Some are still here, some aren't. I dose twice weekly with flourish. It is my new year's resolution to get stronger lighting and co2 going on this tank to make it more high tech. I have a lot of learning to do, I don't even know the names of some of my plants.
Currently it has:
- The big leafy plant on the left which I got from my LFS when I set the tank up. This one is doing great, it's had to be trimmed a few times and has a bunch of new leaves growing. No idea of the name though.
- Some java moss sort of attached to the driftwood.
- Anubias attached to the driftwood. This has been doing really well since I started adding flourish, heaps of new leaves.
- The plant at the back with the small leaves. No idea what it is but I had it in an old tank and while it's not really thriving, it lives.
- Big bunch of water sprite on the right. Just added this today.
- 3 guppies, 2 platys, 1 dwarf gourami, snails and a bunch of fry.
I just wanted to start this journal so that I can keep a track of my progress. I hope to learn heaps about planted tanks!