2.5g High Tech "Simplicity" (Pic Heavy) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
2.5g High Tech "Simplicity" (Pic Heavy)

I've had the itch yet again and snuck another tank into my 700sq ft house. This makes number 11 and hopefully we'll be moving soon so I can have an in home work desk again to showcase it better.

Went out and bought a 2.5G Deep Blue and de-rimmed it.

Spray painted the back with black rubber waterproof paint and filled it with a light bottom layer of Laterite and capped it with Activ-Flora.

Attached the Fluval Nano LED, ZooMed 501 Canister Filter, Ista 45G co2, and a Deep Blue Heat Stick.

Washed out the gel from the dwarf hair grass I purchased at PetSmart (great buy).

Placed the tank in it's little cubby, filled it, and did a co2 test.

The next morning:

Overall I'm very happy how this nice this came out. I plan to get the grass to carpet the whole tank then add a small moss tree or two. This tank once established will be used to breed shrimp most likely. I'll be sure to make a tank journal for this build to keep track of it's progress.

Thanks for looking

75G, 29G, 20L, 12L, 10G, 5 Nano's, 3 Betta bowls

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Everybody has too much of something...me? I have fish tanks.*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Here's a shot of tank where it sit's now, tucked away under a tv stand :-(. Can't wait to move and have a work desk at home again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Nice tank, and thats a beautiful light, I have one myself. Even my anubias grow quickly lol

My tanks:

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

That's good to know as I haven't actually tried It out much other than this tank. Not to mention theirs no reviews as it's so new.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Thats bad ass man, i wonder how quickly it will carpet

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDave View Post
Washed out the gel from the dwarf hair grass I purchased at PetSmart (great buy).
Wow you got that matt at petsmart? I want your store by me! Mine sucks for plants.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks good
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
Wow you got that matt at petsmart? I want your store by me! Mine sucks for plants.
Last Petsmart I was in had quite a few plants that I didn't expect to see. Wish it was in my area. All we have is Petco and they suck for aquarium stuff.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yea, we only have 3 Petsmarts in the whole state of RI but the two I've been to are great. I used to live in NJ and they were everywhere! I find RI's to be a little better than NJ's though.

I'll be taking pics this Sunday to see the progress. So far it looks almost the same. Little die of but not bad for emersed to submerged.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Algae Grower

that's an awesome tank, man! sometimes the simple ones turn out to be the best

10g planted community tank
2g planted betta tank
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Really want to know how the DHG will turn out to be!
Please update more
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

merckey: Sorry I haven't been update on this thread. I've been doing all my updates for the tank in the Tank Journal Section. You can find it here:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=519497

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Looking good Dave.

~Sam

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks Trigger. I really like how your 29 came out. Whats that plant you have in back middle?

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDave View Post
I've had the itch yet again and snuck another tank into my 700sq ft house. This makes number 11 and hopefully we'll be moving soon so I can have an in home work desk again to showcase it better.

Went out and bought a 2.5G Deep Blue and de-rimmed it.

Spray painted the back with black rubber waterproof paint and filled it with a light bottom layer of Laterite and capped it with Activ-Flora.

Attached the Fluval Nano LED, ZooMed 501 Canister Filter, Ista 45G co2, and a Deep Blue Heat Stick.

Placed the tank in it's little cubby, filled it, and did a co2 test.

The next morning:

Overall I'm very happy how this nice this came out. I plan to get the grass to carpet the whole tank then add a small moss tree or two. This tank once established will be used to breed shrimp most likely. I'll be sure to make a tank journal for this build to keep track of it's progress.

Thanks for looking
Do an update! i love 2.5s!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode