PTrader: (0/0%)
Crab Claws Tank

Hi,

Recently setup this tank

Front

Right

Left

Middle

First sign of trouble, fungus on the driftwood.

Cleaned..

The fish

Comments?

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
thats a bunch of cherry barbs. dont seem them all to often. i should get some more, they are fun fish to watch

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
all gone now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
nice wood there. i have 4 of these barbs, they're great. yours are very fat, how many times do you feed them?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuzo View Post
nice wood there. i have 4 of these barbs, they're great. yours are very fat, how many times do you feed them?
Im pretty sure the fat ones are healthy females . Very nice coloring on the Males btw. I think they are ready to breed lol.

Love the tank too. How many gallons is it and how many barbs are in there? I plan on adding barbs to my 10g as I onply have one.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Thank you for looking.

Yes, those cherry barbs are fun to watch. Currently, I have 20 in this tank, 1 Harlequin, 1 Glowlight tetra, 3 otos, 1 SAE. I feed them twice a day. Btw, the tank is a standard size tank, 24"X12"X12", approximately 50 liters.

Regards
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Wow thats alot of Cherry Barbs for a 14g tank lol

I may do just cherry barbs now for the tank.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
my friend that introduced me to pressurized co2 tanks had the exact same tank, and with cherry barbs as well he started with one pair of cherry barbs, and a lot of plants (they were chasing each other too much). After a few months, his tank is now overpopulated with cherry barbs hahaha!

He loves his cherry barbs, but he does acknowledge that you can't put any inverts in there (the barbs will kill em), and not really a whole lot of options for other types of fish to put in as well (again, has to withstand the barbs bullying)

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergling View Post
my friend that introduced me to pressurized co2 tanks had the exact same tank, and with cherry barbs as well he started with one pair of cherry barbs, and a lot of plants (they were chasing each other too much). After a few months, his tank is now overpopulated with cherry barbs hahaha!

He loves his cherry barbs, but he does acknowledge that you can't put any inverts in there (the barbs will kill em), and not really a whole lot of options for other types of fish to put in as well (again, has to withstand the barbs bullying)
I have to disagbree with this. My cherry barb is in a tank safely with Shrimp. They have to be one of the most docile Babrs I have ever seen.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James From Cali View Post
I have to disagbree with this. My cherry barb is in a tank safely with Shrimp. They have to be one of the most docile Babrs I have ever seen.
It may be different having only one barb and a lot of them.

Filstar Pimp #27

"Insert your own tag line here"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 06:57 PM

PTrader: (2/100%)
I see nothing wrong with the amount of Cherry's in your tank. Certainly a good bio-load for the plants! Beautiful tank, do you mind specifying your equipment?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunerd View Post
It may be different having only one barb and a lot of them.
Usually one will be more aggressive as that one wont have anything else to harass. Cherries are quite docile and dont attack anything unless they feel the need to. I know a few people that has cherry barbs in with shrimp and nothing is wrong. They are also kept with other fish.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
how do you make the photos look so nice?

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
I guess it depends then on the personality of the barbs that one have....kinda like how I've had some peaceful bettas, and some that ripped the other fish apart.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
my cherry barb don't bother my shrimps. not even my boraras brigittae which is a lot smaller.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

How many cherries would you think would be fine in my 10g? After seeing your tank, nas, Im inspired to have all Cherries lol.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode