Diptych- update - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Smile Diptych- update

I received 2 Fluval Ebi's over the holidays. I decided to do a diptych approach. Currently cycling, i'm figuring out what fish I want to stock both aquariums with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2nanos.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	253761  

Last edited by WANNABE_LIMNOLOGY; 02-09-2014 at 06:13 AM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Looks cool, whats your plant list for each tank so far?

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
Looks cool, whats your plant list for each tank so far?
Thank you, for plants the both share the following.

Plants:

-Bacopa amplexicamls

-Mayaca Fluviatus

-Water Sprite

-Limnophila aromatica

-Rotala macrandra

-Dwarf Sagittaria

-Giant Val

-Crypts

-Singapore Moss

-Banana plant

-Anubius

Last edited by WANNABE_LIMNOLOGY; 01-03-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: forgot a couple plants

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Also using the 13watt lights that came with the aquariums and the fluval nano filters. Dosing with flourish excel for the time being.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Added 6 of these guys to the one....

Also have 2 otto cats and 1 snail in each tank....more to come
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANNABE_LIMNOLOGY View Post
Added 6 of these guys to the one....

Also have 2 otto cats and 1 snail in each tank....more to come
Is that a Pseudomugil gertrudae (this one), just young or a female? Either way very lovely fish.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~

Last edited by AquaAurora; 01-07-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typooos
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

They are, and I believe they are all still quite young... Hopefully I have some males in the school.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:35 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
Awesome fish! I love them, I'm planning on getting more of them tomorrow.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistuhmarc View Post
Awesome fish! I love them, I'm planning on getting more of them tomorrow.
Agreed. I was worried thinking my LFS didn't have any left.. but they moved them. Great little fish!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update... lots of new growth and runners...and things are filling in nicely.

Added 6 Celestial Pearl Danios an 6 orange bee shrimp to the left aquarium.

W
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Recently got 2 blue dwarf Gouramis for my one tank, and 6 golden white cloud minnows

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Keep a close eye on the dwarf gourami, in that small of a tank the dominant one is very likely to kill the weaker male.. or if its female harass her to death trying to get it on. They may get along ok as adolescents, but at sexual maturity.. it will get ugly. Best to have one per a tank. Females are notably dull/lacking in color and generally their top fin is more rounded, male typical have more pointed tip (your pictured gourami is male).

~
~
~
~
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
Keep a close eye on the dwarf gourami, in that small of a tank the dominant one is very likely to kill the weaker male.. or if its female harass her to death trying to get it on. They may get along ok as adolescents, but at sexual maturity.. it will get ugly. Best to have one per a tank. Females are notably dull/lacking in color and generally their top fin is more rounded, male typical have more pointed tip (your pictured gourami is male).
Thanks for the tip I have been keeping a close on on them. Both seem happy currently and show little signs of aggression. Worst case I divide them.

Thanks

Wyatt
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Aside from the aggression issues males have as adults with established territories (much the same way bettas are... they're in the same family too) dwarf gourami are a wonderful fish, beautiful to watch, and can have awesome personalities! I have a powder blue (my avatar is a close up of his scales) and he's my favorite fish *whispers* but don't tell the others. >.>
It sucks they only live an average of 2.5 years, wish it would stretch out longer to 5 years like bettas sometime do.
If you did not get yours from a reputable breeder but from a lfs instead, keep an eye out for dwarf gourami disease also called Dwarf gourami iridovirus. I found this page useful for symptom and details on it. Generally if they live past 1 year they're safe and not likely to have this.

~
~
~
~

Tags
diptych, fluval ebi, rimless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode