Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Two Gallon Fluval Spec

Click image for larger version

Name:	nanotank12.31.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	253041

This is my new two gallon nano tank. It's just driftwood and sand, now. I'm thinking about adding some java moss when the water settles from having the sand added to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Add lots of plants now!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

There's not much available at the local fish shop. I might be able to special order something later.

I was thinking about just java moss for now. Maybe some anubias to attach to the driftwood. I think that it would be nice to have something taller for the back like a crypt. Other than that, I can't really think of anything. They have Bacopa, Vallisnera, Hygrophila Corymbosa, and Madagascar Lace. I don't know if any of those would be appropriate for a low light pico tank.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Java fern, anubias, and vals would probably all work well

My 20 Gallon Low Tech

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35 Gallon Kettle Pond

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twin 2.5 Gallon Nanos

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I think that the vals might get too tall. I guess I could buy one of the smaller ones and trim it when it gets too high. Thanks for the input.

I bought a fistful of java moss and I feel like it's going to overwhelm the tank. I'd hate to throw any of it out, although I guess I will have to at some point, anyway, since it's supposed to grow quickly.

I don't want to cover up the driftwood too much. I think that it's a beautiful piece with a lot of character.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The guy at the fish shop suggested soaking the java moss in twice the recommended dose of quick cure to kill off any snails. I was pleased to see a dead snail in my bucket. I rinsed off the moss and stuck it in my tank, within a minute there were at least two white worm looking things on the side of my tank. I pulled out one and took a picture of the other.

Is this a bad thing? Did I not rinse the java moss thoroughly enough? Did the malachite green force these little guys to hatch? What should I do now?
Attached Images

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode