Rock Island's 29g Office Tank Rescape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Rock Island's 29g Office Tank Rescape

I decided I needed to do something different with the 29g in my office. It had been up and running for 9 months and I really wasn't that happy with it. My java moss was this big shapeless blob that was constantly trying to dominate the tank regardless of my trimming efforts, so I stripped the tank bare and started over.

This is what it used to look like.

I used the same garnet blasting media that I've used in a few other tanks and been happy with. Driftwood is from a creek nearby and the rocks are from a cliff by my office. The rocks on top of the wood will eventually be removed if the wood ever decides it wants sink. This whole scape is pretty quick and dirty, but I'm happier with it then the way the tank was before. We'll see how it fills in.

Here are a few shot right after I filled it up. More updates to come, thanks for looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I like the reset. The tank has a lot more depth now with the build up on the right side. Maybe get some red plants incorporated like some Ludwigia peruensis on the left side of the tank. I love the set up and it has a ton of potential. Keep us updated with pics!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode