maimo's 120gal planted discus tank. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
maimo's 120gal planted discus tank.

This tank was given to me for free and it was and still is my first planted tank. I never posted pics of my 120gal before so here you go.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 08:48 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Wood

Is that wood real in the right hand corner?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/75%)
Looks nice. How big are those Discus?

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Icht that is plastic it will now be replaced with real drift wood of the same size. the vals took over my entire tank they are now about 6 FT long . this weekend I will try to replant them in the back and add a barrier if drift wood with anubias attached and large rocks to leave the foreground for glosso.ILMGB the discus now are aproaching 6 inch but one has stunted growth cuz they all pic on him. I was advised to add more discus to avoid that behavior. I only have 4 in there. Ive seen 55gal tanks with 15 discus but I think its kinda cruel. Considering tanking the tank down and using a 70gal Acrylic half hex I have in the garage. IMO a tank this size is easy to maintain water parameters are very stable 30% water changes take ten minutes max but scaping is more difficult. I bought 24in metal tweezers to help with the planting.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/75%)
I know what you are saying about the stunting. I have 4 in my 125 as well. However one of them is in danger of being stunted as well due to being picked on. I will be moving him to my 46gal BB tank to grow him out with the other 6 in there. I agree though that 15 in a 55 is way too many. When all is said and done I will have 10 in my 125. Water parameters are easy enough to maintain but the problem I find is keeping the water clean and unfortunately that is what Discus need to grow properly.

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Unfortunatly I can not keep him in my 60P tank cuz I have CRS in there. I may return it to a LFS for credit and get one the same size as the others. I may end juss having 5 in the tank in case I switch to the 70gal.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode