footbeat's finally getting growth - 29 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to footbeat Send a message via Yahoo to footbeat
footbeat's finally getting growth - 29

So I've finally got up the nerve to let someone else see what I'm doing. My artistic side, if it still exists, has atrophied, as you will well see. I'm impressed with gadgetry, and I let myself accumulate some hardware, engaged in a few diy projects. But I never really got around to the dosing. That has hindered my success with plants. Well, I finally took the plunge about a month ago.

As far as I'm concerned, I love the way bba looks on hardscape, so don't laugh if you never see it disappear from the rock.

The tank has functioned as a nightlight with some platties and neon tetras along with an angel for about three years. Now, the platties and neons contribute fertilizer. I also picked up some SAEs, some corydoras, and a betta.

Please feel free to give some guidance. I am a bit up in the air as to what will come next. My goal is to gain experience with a variety of plants before I commit to setting up the 90 gal waiting in my basement... bwaaahahahaha

Here goes nothin'

The whole plantlet thing on the Java Fern caught me by surprise. I love it!!!

Couldn't quite get the betta in focus... here's the best I could come up with

Here's the flora:

Alternanthera reineckii
Cabomba aquatica
Echinodorus amazonicus (retired)
Echinodorus kleiner bar
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Micromeria brownei
Microsorum pteropus
Myriophyllum aquaticum

You'll see the hardware in my sig.

Thanks for taking a look.

Regards,
Mike

Eheim pimp Club Member #65
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
Looks good Mike. Once you get a hang of growing plants, some 'scaping comes all by itself, and you've got a show tank in no time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode