How an American Girl takes the D out of ADA:
1) Buy very expensive ADA tank in a daze of lust for Japanese Simplicity and Purity of Form.
2) Don't read instruction and vigorously mix up powersand, aqua soil, and some other kind of sand, producing an incurable dust bowl in newly set up tank.
3) After many water changes, give up on Aquasoil, top it with sand.
4) Return from bathroom to find 2 cats inside aquarium enjoying dry sand, hastily refill tank.
5) Arrange overpriced bogwood in forbidden Symmetrical Composition.
6) Succumb greedily to Collectoritis and plant too many species.
7) Light tank with ugly large black 2x 65w JBJ Formosa fixture borrowed from old 29 gallon.
8) Grow a bunch of green water, put ugly pond UV filter on back rim so the leaky thing can drip into the tank and the tiny pump attached to it can be stuck on the inside side.
8) Put metal tabs holding 4" glass shelf along front edge to try to keep out Cats.
9) While combing cat hair out of dwarf hair grass hear crash, observe guilty cat exiting scene of broken shelf.
10)Try without shelf, but catch cat drinking aquarium water, risking infestation of unknown exotic parasites.
11) Discover can't stand the bright glare from unshielded underside of light, visible from most common views.
12) Prop broken flap of cheap plastic from old aquarium in front of light to block both cat and glare.
13) Boy observes: all you need now is some duct tape, but Girl knows, the final touch would be a wide band of electrical tape along expensive rimless rim to hide the rest of the glare...
what's a girl to do?