Hau Coast Revisited - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (7/100%)
Hau Coast Revisited

You may remember my aquascape from the Fall, Hau Coast. Recently, I've gotten a LOT better at editing photos though, and recently found an untouched folder of photos from this aquascape. So, I'm re-visiting it.

I'm pretty happy, because I feel that this photo is (a lot better) much more able to communicate the feeling of that aquascape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (46/100%)
boy o boy steven. you just don't even know how much i envy you. it's all good though. i wish i knew how to edit photos like that. i think that i read that you stumbled across some tutorials or something? i have photoshop elements 5.0. is this program something like what you're using? where did you find the tutorials?

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
He's using PS CS2 or 3 i think

John

Follow on IG: @glassaqua

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (7/100%)
I am using CS 2.0. Most of the photoshop versions should have the features I use though (I think). I actually keep PS elements 3 (yes, the crappy freebie one) around because it's so much better for simple edits and photo organization.

As for how I picked up some new skills, I read about layer masks in a tutorial at Deviantart for anime art . . . lol

I also read a nice article on sharpening in a recent issue of PC Photo, and there was also an article elaborating on layer and mask use.

I started with anime art years ago though, and a lot of us use layers religiously so figuring out how to (ab)use layers with photo editing was pretty easy to learn. I'll try to make a tutorial myself so you guys can see what I do.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (46/100%)
that would be an incredible favor to myself and plenty of others here. you never seem to let us down.

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
I'm definitely interested in see a tutorial of what exactly you do with your photos.

55 Gal, Fluval 305, GE 9325K CF 55x2 (7hrs/day), Coralife T5 56 watts (used in conjunction with the GE 9325's 2hrs/day.), Eco-Complete substrate, EI Dosing, Flourish Excel, 200 watt heater, Pressurized CO2 with Rhinox 2000 diffuser, Coralife Turbo Twist 3X - 9 Watt U.V. Sterilizer on 24/7.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I love the sense of depth you create in your aquascapes and photography.

Nice little botias!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode