Pics of my first Inwall Planted Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Pics of my first Inwall Planted Tank

Hi Guys,
Here it is, my first Inwall Planted Tank.
Fr One Side

Fr The Other Side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Boz
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (20/100%)
How beautiful! I absolutely love it! Did you place this in the wall yourselves or did you have a private company do it? I've got one space in my home that I'd love try this, but it seems so intimidating.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
How beautiful! I absolutely love it! Did you place this in the wall yourselves or did you have a private company do it? I've got one space in my home that I'd love try this, but it seems so intimidating.
Hi Boz,
I did not build the tank, it is my Hubby that did all the work. You can ask him, he is a Member of this forum as well. He is more into Reef.
He even built the tank. Today or tomorrow, he is going to install the CO2 for me then hopefully the plants will flourish. There is also a 30 gallon sump that goes with this 20 gallon tank.
Thank you for your nice comment.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Boz
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (20/100%)
I can't wait to see how it progresses, terri. You have some very nice plants in there. What type of lighting are you using?

Can I borrow your spouse to build mine? I'll trade you my spouse. He's not handy, but he's a good cook!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
I can't wait to see how it progresses, terri. You have some very nice plants in there. What type of lighting are you using?

Can I borrow your spouse to build mine? I'll trade you my spouse. He's not handy, but he's a good cook!
that is so cute.
Sure you can borrow him, he is pretty handy around the house and also an excellent cook as well.
The tank is very slim, it is 42 ins in length, 16 ins in height and 6 1/2 ins in width.We use two Coralife Compact Fluorescent tubes, 55 Watts and 22 ins each.
As for the plants, I depended on the Aquarium store to select what plants are good for Beginners.
I will keep you posted about my tank.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wingsdlc
With a 20G tank and 110W you have 5.5WPG and CO2. I think you can grow just about anything you want to depending on your water and what you want to do for ferts.

How do you get in the tank to mess with it? Door on the other side?

Are you worried about water problems?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
5.65WPG, EI dosing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4WPG, EI dosing

April 2008

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsdlc View Post
With a 20G tank and 110W you have 5.5WPG and CO2. I think you can grow just about anything you want to depending on your water and what you want to do for ferts.

How do you get in the tank to mess with it? Door on the other side?

Are you worried about water problems?
Yes, the door is on the other side of the tank and above it. So the top border is bigger then the other three sides. I just have to lift it up and I can put my hand in. That is why the borders are painted the same colour as the wall so that it is not so conspicious.
Can you recommend any good ferts for my tank? The substrate that I used is Seachem Flourish. I am trying to maintain my PH to 7.6 and KH to 4 in my water.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 03:16 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
That is the best thing ever! Inwall is simply amazing! Your husband did a great job! Keep us posted and add more pictures whenever possible!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 03:47 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Greg Watson fertilizers would be your best choice for fertilizers.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarj90 View Post
That is the best thing ever! Inwall is simply amazing! Your husband did a great job! Keep us posted and add more pictures whenever possible!!!
Thank you jebarj90. It was a difficult job but the result is satisfying. I will keep you all posted about my progress.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfish View Post
Greg Watson fertilizers would be your best choice for fertilizers.
Got to look for this fert. hope they sell it in Canada. Thank you.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode