post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Got wood???

PTrader: (208/100%)
Ten gallon nanos *56K warning**

The statistics:
(2) Cheapo brand 10 gallon aquariums
(1) Homemade ever evolving stand
(1) bag of ADA aquasoil amazonia
(2) 32 watt GE 6500K bulbs (ODNO X2 @ 6.5 hrs photoperiod)
(1) 20 lb CO2 tank with 6 way splitter and diffusers
Numerous pieces of juniper driftwood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Badcopnofishtank; 11-05-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Got wood???

Planted pictures:

I apologize for the size of the photographs. I'm still trying to figure out the resizing thing.

Also- the large rock on top of the driftwood is meant to keep the wood down temporarily. It is not part of the aquascape. Unfortunately the wood was not saturated enough to stay down when I scaped last night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Badcopnofishtank; 11-05-2007 at 06:51 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wingsdlc
Nice wood!

Do you have any closeups? Are you using any of the plants you got from me in there?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Very nice. I like them both and cant wait for it to grow out

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:58 PM

PTrader: (70/99%)
Looking good. I like the small rocks around the driftwood. Oh and if you get the black CO2 tubing it will blend in and give a very clean look to the tank.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Got wood???

James From Cali Thanks, me too.

WingsdlcYes there are some of your plants in there ( Marsilea, riccia, crypts)). I still have a ton of left overs that I will be posting on S&S soon. BTW- any tips on planting that Marsilea, it was hands down the hardest plant to get to stay in the substrate I have every dealt with. Many parts of it are still half planted.

sfcallen Actually those are riccia rocks ala Amano style. I thought I would try the riccia rocks that create a hedge around the transition area.

I am going to put micro chain sword in where the HC is on the first nano. Again this is a totally different scape when there isn't a 5 pound rock smack dab on top of the driftwood smashing everything into the substrate.

Here are some better shots:

Last edited by Badcopnofishtank; 05-26-2007 at 03:13 PM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to fish_lover0591
Wow nice job on those tanks ! those driftwood pieces look awesome , the tanks look a bit bigger than 10 gallons.

- Fishlover
My Tanks :
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wingsdlc
Badcopnofishtank,
What I have found to work best with the 4-LC is to cut it down to smaller pieces. Then down worry about putting gravel over the runner. It will grow through and above the gravel. Give this plant some time and it will take over your tank!

Best of luck. Let me know if you have other questions on the plants.

5.65WPG, EI dosing

4WPG, EI dosing

April 2008

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Got wood???

Wingsdlc Thank you! I will replant it in a day or two. I am trying to get my hands on some E Tenellus for the foreground, as I don't like the HC theme in this tank. I also was considering adding some rocks under the "Stump" in order to give it a "root over rock" look.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:17 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
Tanks look really good, they make me realize my 10g tank is way too overstuffed! Maybe a bigger shot of the pair?
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
10 gallon is a nano?
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by typically View Post
10 gallon is a nano?
Compared to some of the bigger tanks it is.

FUNction over form

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Got wood???

I think all the way to 17-18 gallons according to AGA standards are considered "nano" tanks.

I like the size due to economy, aquascaping ability and conveinance of easy replacement if one breaks or leaks.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
wow never knew i had a nano =] The driftwood is awesome the tank should turn out sweet!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Got wood???

typically- I enjoyed finding the wood I have access to manzanita and nice juniper. I have leftovers that I may be selling soon.

I am in the process of gathering some stones for under the "stump" I am not happy with the crypts their it looks too plain.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode