silentsamurai's updated photos - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
silentsamurai's updated photos

Its been awhile since i've posted on here. Even stopped by to see pictures. Been almost Too busy.

Well Since the last time I posted pictures. I was just starting up my tank. After OVER BACTERIAL-IZING my tank and feeding it the right amount of liquids and light. I saw a dramatic increase in growth per week!

Some of my first posted pics..

now....with snails hahaha

So now come the question.

One thing I've realized is that I need to keep better control of my snail population. Out of nowhere I found about 15+ in my tank.

If you can see. I planted about 4-6 bundles of bottom grass in the beginning. after awhile they just started to fade and dissappear.

Are they being blocked by the drift wood? Everything else seemed to sprout okay. Anyone have some pointers? I think at this time all I need is that bottom fill and the tank will look perfect.

Your comments and sugestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

update: 4-18-07

Decided to lose the giant driftwood piece and got a few new plants and smaller log. I think it looks 10x better. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Adam

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
I would stick with the bigger wood, once all the plants grow in your not goin to see the little wood.

Filstar pimp#48

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

24g Aquapod 60w led Pressurized co2 paintball system DIY blacked out stand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
I love the pictures of the cardinals. I think the tank looks better w/o the bigger piece of wood, I've always like "open" spaced tanks as opposed to "crammed" tanks. Maybe you can find another piece of wood that's not too big and not too small? In any case, I prefer it as it is now.

--Daniel

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Ended up re-doing the whole tank. Got kinda fed up heh. Good thing is..Fish are still alive and happy. I like it this way much better.

Enjoy.

Adam

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 06:53 PM

what happend to your angelfish...also how many were you keeping in ur tank. i saw 3 but are there more...how big is ur tank too??
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Banned

PTrader: (9/100%)
How's that AquaClear skimmer working in the tank and what do you have it hooked up to? I have the same one, and it's sitting under my tank unused.

Eheim Pimpette #230

is the remedy for stupidity.

It's not the size of the tank, but how you use it.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

You are correct GOT FISH. i "HAD" angelfish in there but they kept getting a little too roudy with my other fish. So i traded them in for some plants

I had 3 marble and 2 giant other angels which I couldn't tell you what type they were.

Miss rice bowl:

- The skimmer is under my tank now as well hah. The plants I have now its not really necessary and it looks a little too bulky. So im just using the stock EHEIM tubes that it came with.

Currently I am running the EHEIM 2213.

My tank is a 30gal TALL.

Cheers.
Adam
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Banned

I have a very similar setup. I have a 30 gallon long filtered by an Eheim 2213. lol I've been debating on whether or not to hook up the skimmer. I keep my tank open in my apartment, and if you've ever lived in an apartment, they are small and the kitchen is nearby. The water surface gets a film on it. I run a powerhead in the tank (for added flow for my 12 Atyopsis moluccensis) that helps a little in keeping the film at bay.

Eheim Pimpette #230

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

I dont even use the sprayer for the surface i just leave the tube open and the let water flow out freely.

Reason: When the filter (sometimes) gets backed up the sprayer starts sqeeking and spittin out at random times, and when the water gets low and I dont have any extra RO sittin around it can get annoying in my room with the sprayers hittin the water at a lower level.

Now I just have 12 cardinals and 5 rainbows. Raindbows are funny. They love to just chase eachother around all day and the cardinals just chill and watch'em.

Anne: got any pics of your tank?

- Adam
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Banned

Sorry SS. I am without the camera (loooong story). I do have an older pic of my tank in my myspace profile: www.myspace.com/annericebowl That's before I did some major changes though.

Eheim Pimpette #230

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

I posted this on 5-10? wow. My plants are already at the top of my tank and leanin over hah. Good treatment ^_^
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Guess i'll have to post up some new and updated pics.

Friend just IM'd me. Hes gonna give me 7 more cardinals and 2 pleco's...lucky me.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Well. Unfortunately I have been in and out of town (have someone looking over the fish) and I haven't been keeping up on my aquatics as much as I should be. Thought I would post some updated shots of my tank.

Once I get things cleared up with the bank My tank should look entirely different. I'll be sure to keep you updated.

- Adam

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode