180 Litre Planted - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
180 Litre Planted

Hi I decided to re-aquascape the tank.

This is the first weeks progress. I have decided that I am going to photograph the progress on a daily basis. This is Week One.

If this is a bit slow and mundane I could change to a monthly entry.

Any C and C would be great.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Could some please ID the bulbed plant below. Is it posistion (near front) a good place to have the plant.

Also I am eventually looking for a carpet effect at the front will these grasses i have at the front do this and is there anything i can do to help it along.

closer pic of grasses

Many thanks
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Day 10

I have given some plants a trim and also removed the one artifical plant (the dome shape in bottom left) from the tank. I think the corys will miss it, they seemed to like it underneath.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The angels seem to like the new setup.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 12:59 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Thats an onion plant of some sort...I think. Notice in all your pictures on Day2-7 the angel is always in the same place... LOL
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 01:13 AM

If ya look closer at the Angel...on the glass...they have spawned. Those are eggs she fanning.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Congrats on the eggs. Hope the fry survive . The tank is great btw!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hi

Thanks for the respones

I don't hold out much hope for the eggs. In the past I have tried to remove the eggs to a breeding tank but they just seem to rot away. If I leave them alone in the tank to let nature take it case they just seem to disapper or get eaten. It would be nice to get them beyond the egg stage.

I have heard about covering them in a soda bottle with an air stone underneath, but not tried this yet.

Anyone got any top tips on nurturing angel eggs?

The eggs were laid early Friday, gotta work today and am guessing by the time i get back they will have gone.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here is an update 2 weeks after planting. I performed a little trimming on Day 10 on some of my older plants and removed the one articfical plant that was in the tank. I am pretty happy with it, and have very few snails which surprises me, i did wash the plants in an anti-snail solution before i planted this time and it seems to have done the job. Also the algae growth is very small.

p.s. The angel eggs did not last the day on Saturday, they were there went i left for work but all gone by the time i returned which is a shame but not unexpected.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode