Macro shots - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
Macro shots

All shot with my 100mm macro. CC welcome! Still working on color space. They change a bit when I upload them- I think I fixed the color and loaded the new photos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Last edited by bigstick120; 03-18-2007 at 04:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Very cool!!

FUNction over form

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cool

Awesome pictures! My camera is only 63mm

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
cool shots dude. what glass?

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to retoid Send a message via MSN to retoid
Your photos are great! Nice, sharp and clean.
I have two suggestions you might consider which would really improve your photos to looking their best.
Try shooting your next shots or composing them while using the 'Golden Mean' and the 'Rule of Thirds' for the best composition.
And I would suggest that you dont add the blur effects to your border or name, Those effects really seem to degrade the photo. Try using just the black border and your signature in the same spot on every photo, small but easy enough to read and notice who shot the photo.
It will look more clean and better layed out giving your photography a much better look.
I hope this helps.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 02:58 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Nice pics! Love the details you captured, especially with the otto.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Eater

Thanks for the comments, glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselnoze View Post
cool shots dude. what glass?
Canon 100mm 2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by retoid View Post
Your photos are great! Nice, sharp and clean.
I have two suggestions you might consider which would really improve your photos to looking their best.
Try shooting your next shots or composing them while using the 'Golden Mean' and the 'Rule of Thirds' for the best composition.
And I would suggest that you dont add the blur effects to your border or name, Those effects really seem to degrade the photo. Try using just the black border and your signature in the same spot on every photo, small but easy enough to read and notice who shot the photo.
It will look more clean and better layed out giving your photography a much better look.
I hope this helps.
Thanks, Ill look into what you suggested. The composition is my next step. I was just working on getting sharp photos whatever the cost!

|
|
|
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Eater

Testing to see if I figured out the color problem
Fixed?

Original

|
|
|
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Nice Bigstick! I dig the Oto on the glass too. Fixed color is pretty much spot on on my 20" Dell Ultrasharp LCD. Plants looks super healthy too! Did you fix it in color balance in PS? Must have...

Yup, I got to buy that 100 macro myself, LOL. I have two other Macros -one for a Nikon and another for a Medium Format Mamiya. But I use my Canon the most these days. Think its time to sell a few lens I never use.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Very nice! I gotta get myself a macro lens soon.

55 Gal, Fluval 305, GE 9325K CF 55x2 (7hrs/day), Coralife T5 56 watts (used in conjunction with the GE 9325's 2hrs/day.), Eco-Complete substrate, EI Dosing, Flourish Excel, 200 watt heater, Pressurized CO2 with Rhinox 2000 diffuser, Coralife Turbo Twist 3X - 9 Watt U.V. Sterilizer on 24/7.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to dufus
Sweet!
I like the otto's algae mustache!

-Devin-
Steve irwin- a father, a hero, a memory now. -We'll miss you mate
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betowess View Post
Nice Bigstick! I dig the Oto on the glass too. Fixed color is pretty much spot on on my 20" Dell Ultrasharp LCD. Plants looks super healthy too! Did you fix it in color balance in PS? Must have...

Yup, I got to buy that 100 macro myself, LOL. I have two other Macros -one for a Nikon and another for a Medium Format Mamiya. But I use my Canon the most these days. Think its time to sell a few lens I never use.
Thanks Bob and everyone!

Bob glad the color looks good and thank you for confirming. I changed the color space in PS. The 100 is a very nice lens, though I dont have any experience with any other. The new sigma 70mm is supposed to be very good as well. But the Canon is tried and true

|
|
|
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (23/100%)
All you have to do is convert to SRGB before saving for web and it will be consistent. You can setup so that any foto that comes in is automatically converted to the sRGB space and you never have to worry.

Good photos Bigstick, and I think your composition is JUST FINE. Rules are only there to give you guidelines, artistic touch and your own vision are much more important.

If you get serious about photography spend some time on APF and you will really get great ideas. I know you are already a member.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode