A few new pics of my planted 55g and it's occupants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
A few new pics of my planted 55g and it's occupants

55 Gal, Fluval 305, GE 9325K CF 55x2 (7hrs/day), Coralife T5 56 watts (used in conjunction with the GE 9325's 2hrs/day.), Eco-Complete substrate, EI Dosing, Flourish Excel, 200 watt heater, Pressurized CO2 with Rhinox 2000 diffuser, Coralife Turbo Twist 3X - 9 Watt U.V. Sterilizer on 24/7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 01:12 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Beautiful tank! The plants look so good I thought they were plastic on first glance! How long has your tank been going? Do you have both neons and cardinals in the tank? Do they group together?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWind View Post
Beautiful tank! The plants look so good I thought they were plastic on first glance! How long has your tank been going? Do you have both neons and cardinals in the tank? Do they group together?
Thanks! I've had the tank going since September/October of this past year. I really have some issues starting off as this is my first planted tank, but I can honestly say I think i got the hang of things now. CO2 is excellent, no algae, stable water parameters and happy fish! The cardinals and the neons get along very well together and do stick together in groups. Love it.

55 Gal, Fluval 305, GE 9325K CF 55x2 (7hrs/day), Coralife T5 56 watts (used in conjunction with the GE 9325's 2hrs/day.), Eco-Complete substrate, EI Dosing, Flourish Excel, 200 watt heater, Pressurized CO2 with Rhinox 2000 diffuser, Coralife Turbo Twist 3X - 9 Watt U.V. Sterilizer on 24/7.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 02:44 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Nice pics! You're water is sooooooooo clear! I love the pic of the glass fish (Chanda ranga). Don't they look great without dye in them??? I can't believe people would do that to fish.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Color Me Blue View Post
Nice pics! You're water is sooooooooo clear! I love the pic of the glass fish (Chanda ranga). Don't they look great without dye in them??? I can't believe people would do that to fish.
Yeah I really don't understand why some dye these fish. It makes them looks so odd and unnatural. I guess it appeals to the kids and those uneducated.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode