My 10 Gallon Planted!!! Weekly journal. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 10 Gallon Planted!!! Weekly journal.

Hi everyone. This another one of my attempts to keep a planted aquarium (I tried a few years back). Anyways, I recently got a whole bunch of plants, some DIY CO2, and some flourish excel, and hope to have a nice aquarium. It's a small and humble planted tank, but please tell me what you think! My tank has about 2.5 WPG. I will be taking pictures every week to see how my plants are progressing in their growth.

Overall view:

Side view:

Another side view:

Some Java Fern:

Close-up of some water sprite:

C. Wendtii:

Ludwigia Repens:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Your tank is awesome. I especially love the C. Wendtii and the Primrose(Ludwigia Repens).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

hmm...some pictures aren't showing up. thanks for your comments James.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
Send a message via AIM to confuted
I get 8 pictures, it doesn't look like any are missing.

I like the Ludwiga Repens and how you've placed it. That gets redder, right? What's the floater in there? Also, what's the fauna - anything beside the lone white cloud? Those should be kept in schools if you can get more. Cherry shrimp might be fun too.

You might want to consider something for the foreground of the tank - maybe hair grass?

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Planted Member

Very nice start! Do you plan on adding more?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
Looking good. Do you have anything other than that inert gravel? Most plants either won't grow or will show deficiencies if that's all they're given. I would at least put some root tabs or laterite in the gravel and go from there. Your crypt will like it and if you try anything for a foreground, like hairgrass, sag or whatever...you'll have a better chance. Everything looks healthy though -- good job

90g journal:

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -

SAPS member -
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

confuted: The floating plants are duckweed. I know it doesn't sound too appealing but I keep it under control by taking some out each week so it doesn't cover the surface. I also have a betta in there, and I'm planning to get 4 more white clouds this weekend. I would like some foreground plants, but unfortunately, the LFS doesn't sell many plants and the best I can do is anubias or microsword (but I read this needs high light).

Jessica: I'm planning to let my plants grow up and fill in the empty space, and if there are still empty spots I will add more plants.

ringram: Unfortunately, I only have normal aquarium gravel in there. I'm planning to put some plant tabs in the gravel. How much should I add? I'm afraid of adding too much because last time I added a few plant tabs, there was a algal bloom and I don't want that to happen again.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

UPDATE! The water sprite had some reasonable growth.

Photos taken March 21:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

These photos were taken just today (March 28, 2007).

Changed to black background, the watersprite has grew even more, trimmed a part of the ludwigia and replanted. Added 4 more white clouds.

What do you guys think of the growth?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode