Another discus thread ( 56K **new wild blues**) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
Another discus thread ( 56K **new wild blues**)

So there have been alot of discus threads lately and i thought i would just add to it. anyway, i dunno what this tank is doing, what direction its going but stuff is alive and algae is minimal so thats good. so here are two pics for you.

And this guy im gonna have to find a new home for.

he is way too aggresive to one of the other fishes and it beating it up pretty good. to the point where i think i can see bruising on the other fish. so with him being removed, that makes openings for now 3 wild blue discus that im getting in a couple weeks. stay tuned.

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
all gone now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for

Last edited by TheOtherGeoff; 11-30-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 12:23 AM

PTrader: (59/100%)
Nice! Keep us up. That mean guy is very usual. Maybe he and my Kenny bin laden would get along well. They can beat the crap out of eachother...lol
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

yeah he is definitly unique looking. was white and black as a baby O_o

all gone now

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Fish?

What is the fish on the bottom right of the tank in the first picture? Also, how the Heckels doing?

Tank looks good.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

that huge guy with the black stripe? hehe thats an SAE. its about 6" long.

the heckels are doing great. they have been there and eating like pigs since late spring/fall last year.

going to check on my wild blue status on tuesday night.

all gone now

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:28 AM

PTrader: (16/100%)
Geoff...Although it is a lush, an well maintained tank, I feel the discus are lookin for places to swim. It really needs to be opened up. The tank looks a lil crowded IMO.

I bet if you open it up, the Discus will jus luv ya for it...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

it does look alittle crowded i will say, but there is a TON of room. most of the plants are only in the back 6-8 inches of the tank. i should get a side picture to show

all gone now

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 03:03 AM

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post
it does look a little crowded i will say, but there is a TON of room. most of the plants are only in the back 6-8 inches of the tank. i should get a side picture to show
If your Discus are showing any signs of stress, this will be the reason...Cut the tank in half plant wise, open up a free swimming area for them, an watch them respond to there new surroundings. If I am off base, you can simply replant it all back again!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

yeah im not really happy with it to begin with so one of these days i will get in there and do some rearranging. need to get alittle more lighting in it first. i think im gonna do a 2x55 AH suplly in the stock hood and run that with the t5's. or just get the coralife 2x65 fixture because i can get it for about the same price as the AH. the light amount might be kinda high but i figure the depth will cut that ratio down some.

all gone now

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

**UPDATE**

Guess what came home tonight? Dualing wild blue discus. w00t here is a quick picture i snagged of them, i will get more in a couple days when they settle in and the tank gets cleaned up for a photography shoot. enjoy.

Whole thing..i changed it quiet a bit since the last ones

all gone now

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 04:32 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I love the variety of plants you have going there. Nice setup you have there.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

well i found a PC fixture for cheap so im buying that. debating if i should go with 2x55 or 2x65 in it. still up in the air, either way its a bit over 3 wpg for thr 75 but its deep so that should cancel out some of the wpg rule, atleast in my thinking.

all gone now

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode