My new ADA 90p just set up 2 weeks ago! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (38/100%)
My new ADA 90p just set up 2 weeks ago!

Just thought I would share my new setup. Its an ADA 90p, which I just set up 2 weeks ago. Most of the setup is all ADA products, including all the substrate additives, ferts, soil, etc...First time using the sand forground. I will post up both pics, one is more green and one is more yellow. The green one is the original and the yellow is modified by photoshop for color. What do you all think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
it looks a lot like amano's earlier work.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:28 AM

PTrader: (16/94%)
Where do you guys get all these money to spend on top quality stuff? credit card???

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:32 AM

PTrader: (7/100%)
I think more in the style of Amano's newer works . . . Though I'm using "Nature Aquarium World" as the representative of his older style. IMO, that was the period where he was actually a growing, limit-pushing, innovative artist. Though, at that time he hadn't tried sand foregrounds yet.

As opposed to president of a company who's magazines portray tank after tank of all the same handful of dull, unchanging styles . . . -_-

Not that those styles are bad. Chiahead's also falls within those styles, and it looks like he did a good job setting this one up. My only comment would be that the Java fern seems a bit out of place. Hmmm . . . one more, I think in the long run you'll be looking for a tall grassy plant because the rotalas don't have enough of the tank's depth devoted to them to make a nice bush that also has the height to soften/balance the wood. I know you were looking for e. vivpara earlier (actually, I'd like to find a place to get some too) and if you can find it, I think it'd help a lot.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (80/100%)
Your tank look like its heading off to a good start!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmiddlefinger View Post
My only comment would be that the Java fern seems a bit out of place. Hmmm . . . one more, I think in the long run you'll be looking for a tall grassy plant because the rotalas don't have enough of the tank's depth devoted to them to make a nice bush that also has the height to soften/balance the wood. I know you were looking for e. vivpara earlier (actually, I'd like to find a place to get some too) and if you can find it, I think it'd help a lot.
I agree on both points. I do think the java fern is out of place. I think I may leave the rotalas for now just to see how it is when they get really full. Thanks though for the comments. I wanted to try the sand forground with the riccia edging. I may get tired of the riccia really soon and swap it for some HC. Dunno yet will have to let it flow a bit.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)
Amazing driftwood, did you get it from manzanita.com or are they ADA blackwood? I like how they stick out of the water. Do you have hanging tek fixtures as well?
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to natx Send a message via Skype™ to natx
Very original.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Chiahead,

Looks promising !

I would lower your camera to get "more" depth into your photograph. Looking at the samples, I can tell that picture was taken from "bird view" perspective. Are you using wide angle ? Take a step back and make sure that you are seeing straight lines and 90degree angles. Look into custom white balance and exposure compensation.

Regards,
Jay from

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 06:00 PM

PTrader: (59/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch_man View Post
Where do you guys get all these money to spend on top quality stuff? credit card???
we work our butts off....
beautiful job, Chia
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasD View Post
Amazing driftwood, did you get it from manzanita.com or are they ADA blackwood? I like how they stick out of the water. Do you have hanging tek fixtures as well?
the driftwood is from Manzanita.com......I really like there stuff

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Luto View Post
Chiahead,

Looks promising !

I would lower your camera to get "more" depth into your photograph. Looking at the samples, I can tell that picture was taken from "bird view" perspective. Are you using wide angle ? Take a step back and make sure that you are seeing straight lines and 90degree angles. Look into custom white balance and exposure compensation.

Ya I do need some teaching on the picture taking skills. I will try this next time. I do not have a wide angle lens, just the standard lens on a Nikon D70s.

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks all for the nice comments on the tank. It was a bit costly to set up but I think it looks great. I love the rimless tank ADA makes, wonderful...All my tanks now on will be like this one.

The lighting is not a Tek fixture, its a Coralife Aqualight Pro model.....2 x 65w PC and a 150w HQI MH(ADA Bulb ofcourse).

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

What are all your thoughts on fauna for this tank? My wife and I were thinking some discus but not 100% sure yet.

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
The tanks looks alright, although I think you put too much sand in there. We'll see how well it does in the next couple of weeks, maybe i'll change my mind

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode