The start of "somewhere in the lawn" 30g UPDATE 10-28 new pics(56K!!) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
The start of "somewhere in the lawn" 30g UPDATE 10-28 new pics(56K!!)

I have been working on this setup very slowly. I have not taken any pictures bue to a massive algae battle in the first stages. This is the middle stage with more scaping to come. This is my 30g called, "Somewhere in the lawn"

Here is the front shot. The foreground will be triandra with a tiger lotus kept severly puned on the right. The triandra is surounded by midground blyxa japonica. Behind the midground blyxa will have sporadic bushes of limnophila aromatica well trimmed to 6"-8". The absolute backround will be a wall of jungle fern.

Here is the front shot.

here is the angle shot.

here is the right side which currently has the hardscape. I am unsure if I am going to keep the crinum but there will be definatley 3 or 4 more rocks added and anubias nana's will be placed in the crevices.

This is the left side which I am using to grow out the aromatica and the hygro sunset is just there to help beat off algae.

Here is a close up of the rock formation.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

Last edited by Ryzilla; 10-29-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
I'd like to know what PPM your nitrates and phosphates test at
because of the reds you are getting on that front left corner plant.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I dont measure either of them. I was dosing 1/4tsp NO3 every other day then I switched to every other other and it started to red up. I have never tested for phosphates in my life.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 03:16 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
Wow, your rock choice is stellar!

Thats quite a bit og light over a tank that size, wouldn't you say?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshop View Post
Wow, your rock choice is stellar!

Thats quite a bit og light over a tank that size, wouldn't you say?
I believe my fert schedual and CO2 is sufficient to sustain. Though my hair algae and BBA battle has been annoying. Thanks for the comment out the rocks.

Peace,
Ry

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Well it has been a week and 3 days. I thought I would show some progress. Please excuse my sub par photo skills.

Here is the full tank shot

slightly closer shot

foreground growing in :-)

im still growing out my aromatica. Im taking the bottom cuttings and lettin them sprout 2 or 3 new shoots at a time. I should have enough in say 2 months

Here are some shots of my Endlers Livebearers. Not the best shots but not even a a piece of candy will coax them to stay still. Dont mind the GSA because my tanks is not "show" quality, I am waiting to conquer the HA and BBA before I clean it up.

Peace,
Ry

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:07 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
Nice pics....and the E Triandra is lookin' good. I think this tank is gonna be something to behold post-growout!

One comment...it seems that the rocks (while beautiful) are really throwing hte tank off-balance. The "visual weight" so to speak is very heavy to the right...

Great looking endlers, too!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
Looking very nice, your Blyxa appears to be doing well!

I got an upclose look at en empty 30g long this weekend, a lovely tank size.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode