Wild Scalare update... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (16/100%)
Wild Scalare update...

Just thought i would share from a couple a years ago with my plastic plants in the 55G till what is currently set up. I never caught the bug!!

I am going to start replacing the stem plants very soon for the more aqua scape friendly plants. I am also looking for the perfect wood to place in there at the moment, with a hard scape accent. When I find the wood I want, I will re scape it. You will probably see alto of me in the swap an shop.

The substrate is soilmaster select, an the lighting is an Aqua Medic power compact with 4x54 watt 10,000's. I am still running the XP3.

inhabitants:
10 black neons. I am getting 13 more probably today
5 Congo tetras. I am getting about 8 more
2 Otto's. will get 3 more
2 algae eaters

The tank will ultimately house 6 adult discus in a couple of months once I am semi satisfied with the way it is set up, an everything is runnin smooth.

Any coments or suggestions are welcome as always!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aquarium journal 001.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	3346  

Name:	S5000077.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	3347  

Last edited by bastalker; 11-03-2006 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Nice Bass!

Oh yeah, the tank looks great too! Is that my old pennywort in there? I see you got a Tek. Sweet!

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
I remember when you first walked through the door of the TPT with your plasticus plantius and all of us plant people were staring at you, and Buck took you in under his wing...lol all kidding aside, looking good Mark nice job...

P.S. how is ol Buck? not seen or heard from him in some time.

Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Betowess They sure are Bob! You cant imagine how much of this stuff I have given away...I will probably be parting with them all shortly though.

Craig plasticus plantius . Its great kickin back watchin all the new ones walkin thru the door now!!

Man the bend over backwards, knock on your door an throw a bucket load of plants at ya welcome I got from u guys was enough to get anyone addicted to this hobby! Buck, Marcel, an you, you EI guru, helped me over a bunch of hurdles. I still remember over dosing the tank an you slappin me up side the head tellin me to knock it off!!

I haven't heard from Buck in awhile, though I have been told that he is doin great. The last I heard he is spendin most of his time fixin his place up an ridin his Harley(new hobby) Winter will be here soon, an I am sure we will here from him again!! Plus I got things belongin to him he needs to collect.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Wild Scalare intro...Update

I just aquired 6 wild Scalare a couple of weeks ago from a breeder here in Ct. Thought I would share a few pics with ya.

I am still in the process of looking for the perfect sticks, an replacing the stem plants with a few other plants for a new scape, but for now this is what I have...

As always, any comments or suggestions are always welcome!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	u2.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	3411  

Name:	u1.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	3412  

Name:	ws1.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	3413  

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 08:23 PM
►◊ ◊◄

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via MSN to conduct Send a message via Yahoo to conduct
Hey the plants look great and the Angels even better. Did you tell the all your live fish though not to worry about the one on the wall.. LOL By the way how large is the Largemouth Bass I am guessing 7.5lb range?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conduct View Post
Hey the plants look great and the Angels even better. Did you tell the all your live fish though not to worry about the one on the wall.. LOL By the way how large is the Largemouth Bass I am guessing 7.5lb range?
Thanx!

Its exactly 8lbs.. I told the club members, if I ever caught an 8 lber I was gonna have it stuffed!

I have since caught an 8.5 lber, an a 9.2 lber, but alas...I let em go....

Not to bad for Ct!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
So are you going to do Angels instead of the Discus? And it looks great Mark!

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betowess View Post
So are you going to do Angels instead of the Discus? And it looks great Mark!
Thanks Bob..I have the old 55 set up bb for a grow out tank. I will be picking up about 10 in a couple of weeks around 3.5" - 4" an see how big I can get them. Hopefully get a pair. Sell the others. The breeder lives 45 mins from me, an has a pretty huge selection to choose from.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode