I<3<*))))>< 's Learning Experience (Rescape - 9/13) - Page 5 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to I<3<*))))><
...And just ordered a Finnex Breeder / Refugium Box! Figured I'll use it to house my baby Endlers, least until I get enough males to make me happy, then the babies can fend for themselves, lol.

After the Endlers are done using it & I get some better grade cherry shrimp I'll use it for selective breeding

Stephanie - RAOK Club #130

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Got my Tiger Endlers in today!!! The female came pre-hit, not shocked, but nice! The males doesn't have the best, most defiined tiger stripes, but I'm more than ok with it.... his dorsal fin is amazing looking!

Only snagged a pic of them while I was acclimating them so far. I had em floating in one of those Petco Betta cups.

I found this odd as well.. in theory my Scarlet Badis should get along with them. They are peaceful fish and don't look anything like him, but I noticed him biting and chasing them almost instantly. I even fed right as I released them into the tank.

ATM I'm more interested in my Tiger's doing well and breeding for me... so the Badis is now floating in that Petco Betta cup until I figure out what to do with em. He can't stay in that tank if he is gonna harass my Endlers, & he can't go into the shrimp tank as he would eat the shrimplets... *smh*

Speaking of shrimplets, I managed to catch a decent pic of one today. They're growing up so fast!! And I know I have at least 6, counted them all at the same time. The zip and buzz around so quick that's the only way I can be sure I'm not re-counting the same one twice, lol.

Last edited by I<3<*))))><; 08-26-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: wording
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well my final male Scarlet Badis is off to a new home today... He is going to live with his old tank mates again. The local girl who got my other males is picking him up after work. I also just realized she is on the forum here, haha... small world. Ashlie is his new Fishy Mama now <3
I hate to see him go, but they just didn't work me for at this time.

I really enjoyed them though and def plan to give them another go down the road. For now I'm more interested in breeding my Endlers.

Oh & today I've counted 15 shrimplets! It seems each day that goes by I realize I have more & more. My guess is as they get bigger they also grow a tad braver. Can not wait to see how they color up!

Last edited by I<3<*))))><; 08-28-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Found more shrimplets! ZOMG

post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Time for an update, huh?

Well I have lotsa neat fish coming in next week, Hi-red Endlers, Pearl Endlers, Opaline Endlers, Red Tigers (mix between Pictas & tiger endlers) & what I'm most excited for... some Ginga Rubra guppies!

I also have a small batch of FPR's on the way to boost my stock of mid-grade cherries a bit.

Also I got some epic plants in a RAOK that CheyLillymama22 sent me! So far they're all doing great!!
What did I get you ask??? Well, I'll tel you!

- anacharis
- hygro sunset
- hydrocotyle
- cambodia
- & another drawf lilly

The top 3 went into my Flora, while the cambodia & drawf lilly went into the shrimp tank.

I also got my Finnex Breeder box in, freaking love it!! And have some clear mesh netting on the way to make a cover for the tank.

Now for some pics!

Now some of the shrimp nomming, and you see shrimplets in a few shots, they're growing so fast!
BTW, what my shrimp are going to town on is some of Ravensgate homemade shrimp food!! They love it!

(Thanks again Ravensgate)

post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Not much of an update, all continuing to do well. But I did get a nice shot of one of my Pink Striped Mystery snails & I added some java moss (still a tad brown from shipping, hoping it colors up soon), salvina minima and riccia to my breeder box!

I should be getting my PFR's and Fire Red Endlers from Soup tomorrow!!!

post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

New critters, so that means time for updates!!!

1st off, huge thanks to Soup12 for the qaulity shipping and awesome product! Very happy customer here

Pic of my new Hi-red endlers, class N

Foreground a new PFR shrimplet, compare it to the sub-adult male in the background. MUCH better coloring!

Now a few pics of my current shrimp stock prior to the new arrivials.

Hopefully better pics to come of the endlers, I only have my samsung S3 as a camera for now & those lil buggers are speedy, lol.

post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

FTS - Of Both Tanks

Fluval Flora News
Okies, so my tank is officially fully stocked, lol. Today I got 20 some random livebearers, ...

- Tiger endler fry
- Chili endler sub-adults
- Ginga Rubra fry
- Picta crosses
- Various Endler crosses
- A few surprised???

Very excited & happy with the bunch as a whole. Also Taj, my tiger endler, really seems to enjoy the companty.

I can NOT get pics of these speedy lil brats so I made a vid.
*Warning* - Taken with my S3, hehe

That's the good news for that tank, bad news is I have a potassium deficency. Both my hygro sunset and nana peties are suffering. I'll be ordering some soon, no worries. Just hope the plants bounce back quickly. The nana just has one tiny hole, meanwhile the hygro looks like crap.

Oh almost forgot... got my breeder box 100% ready to go now as well! I also got in my plastic mesh netting to use as a tank cover. But can't use it just yet, tomorrow my plastic clips come in to hold it in place

Shrimp Tank News
Cleaned the 'scape up some! Moved all the moss (java, anchor and mystery moss) al into one corner and removed it from the areas where it was tangling in my cyrpt carpet. BTW loving how that is all growing in now. Very nice
Not only did I want to get the moss free of my carpet, but also the filter intake. It kept clogging the darn thing. Now those issues are solved and I think it looks a lil neater. I can see my shrimp better, yippee!

A few random shots to close with...

post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

New fishies doing great!

I ordered some seachem potassium to help out my plants, and also got some purigen while I was at. Can't wait to get these in & put em to work! Hopefully my Hygro sunset can hold off till then... really love that plant, would kill me to loose it.

While I was ordering (drfoster&smith's) I had to get the doggies a few things. They have been VERY upset at all the awesome fishy related things mommy's been getting in the mail, but nothing for them
They were kinda breaking my heart... so they have some hide-a-toy sets coming along with 3lbs of meaty beef snacks. That should turn their frowns upside down

Besides that no new news really.

post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I was bored, at home, on a friday night... so waht'd I do. Mess with my tank but of course

I couldn't stand my mopani wood and it's placement anymore, so stuck my hands in and went for it, lol. I didn't have many choices as for how/where to place the wood. It's almost as big as the tank. I did know I wanted to get the anchor moss some better water flow on it,... mission accomplished. Also I wanted to not squish the nana, also got that done, whoot!

I only used what I already had in the tank, but gotta say Im pretty happy with this rescape. I think it's the best this tank has looked yet!

What do you think?

Sorry for pic quality, all I have is my samsung S3 and I rushed the pics as I wanted to get some this evening and it just started to clear up enough. Late lights out for the fishies tonight.

Also I got my potassium in today, so dosed that. Hoping to see results soon!~ Also stuck some purigen in the filter.

Besides that, all critters n such are doing great.

post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Picture update!!

FTS

1st pic Tiger Endler male, 2nd pic Prego female, endler/guppy/picta?

Snails being silly.. *smh*

All fish & inverts doing well. Still dosing potassium, no visual results yet, but it's only been a few days.

post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I finally read this whole thread, you are doing a great job Stephanie.

Leaves with holes won't repair themselves, trim them off and you'll get new growth. I wasn't using ferts and had quite a few leaves with holes/algae growth. I have had a ton of new leaves since trimming and fertilizing. No more algae, no more holes.

If you already knew this, well, just ignore what I said.

Good luck!

Wouldn't you like to beside the seaside?
post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks!! Much appreciated

I didn't know that... so thanks a whole lot! Ive been watching the hygro and it's so sad. Light are off for the evening, but tomorrow def going to give it some pruning and them remove the leaf with a hole on the nana as well.

post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
No problem. There is so much to learn, I just try to help where I know the answer, as little as that might be.

Rotting vegetation also will foul your water, not good for the fishies.

You definately seem to be on the right track on everything overall though.

Wouldn't you like to beside the seaside?

Last edited by Wannaberooted; 09-19-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: An afterthought, perhaps?
post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

A LOT to learn... but Im enjoying the ride. So far no problem big enough to make me give up, so thats a plus

Today I took out the hygro sunset, cleaned it up and replanted it into the betta tank. It has better lighting, so my guess is it'll do better there. Didn't bother with the anubia leaf, it doesn't seem to be getting worse or rotting, so for now it stays.

Thanks again!

Tags
endlers, fluval flora, guppy, low tech, nano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode