a friend of mine gave me a 10 gallon, so i figure why not. here's the very rough start.
1. the lights have got to go. i'll probably get the coralife 20" 28W fixture, taking out the 50/50 that comes with it, and putting in a 6700K bulb.
2. i'm thinking about a small "beach" in the front right. i can get a nice looking 5lb bag of sand for $3.50 at work (my LFS). is that workable? with the terraced look, i thought it might be a nice touch.
3. the previous owner had glued slate to the back, so i'm thinking about getting some christmas or taiwanese moss and attaching it to the back.
4. finally i have a tank that i can do a glosso or HC carpet with, because it's not extremely high, like my 30XH.
5. time to rig up another DIY CO2 setup.
6. i'm also going to stock this sucker with shrimp. i've been waiting for that for a while, and now i can drop some money on real shrimp without my tiger barbs annihilating them. i'll probably also get a decent school of neons. i also saw a school of this fish that was about the size of a neon. it was whitish/grey with red fins. does anyone know what this is? i think that would look nice as well.
anyway, if anyone has any comments / suggestions, i would greatly appreciate them.