Hi Everyone from the Uk. My new 240L Tank Journal :-) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi Everyone from the Uk. My new 240L Tank Journal :-)

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this and just bought myself a fish tank, although i have kept Puffers before, this is my first go at creating a "planted Tank" (Juwel 240L)

So far it's at an early stage, useing Aquagro NutraSoil Substrate, xmas moss glued to slate,

More to follow, and any advice would be greatfull on design style and type of plants?.

Im planning on having lots of south american fish from amazon puffers and dwarf cichlids.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
So in suitable plant types in a list:
Anubias- Attach very nicely to driftwood and rocks. Big and leafy, quite hardy.
Echinodorus- Sword plants. Many many different types, and colors to choose from. Great for background.
Cryptocorynes- Slower growers: C. Spiralis, C. Ballansae, C. Wendtii. Great background/midground plants. Many different types are available. Check my thread in my signature for more varieties.
You have many different options for smaller foreground plants. One of my favorites in larger tanks is Echinodorus Tenellus. I think it would look really natural with south american fishes.

what vision do you have for how you want the tank to look in the long run? do you plan on adding any additional rocks or driftwood??

Good luck!
Joshua

Piano
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

For the foreground i was thinking Sagittaria subulata, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Echinodorus tenellus, Bacopa australis.

Still undecided over Driftwood. i will proberly add some sumatra wood From right to left.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
Welcome to TPT!

I did not know there were puffers from Amazon, the scientific name would be much appreciated.

I am not sure if you want to have an authentic Amazon biotope. There is also a number of regional flora and fauna.

Plants wise, your available selection is also light/co2/fertilization dependent. The plants you have named so far do not require that much. I would start a list of plants you want and figure the lights from there.

Black or white water is another choice to make.

Enjoy the hobby!

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2

Courtesy * Integrity * Perseverance * Indominable Spirit * and Self Control
Tenets of TKD
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Plants added

Myriophyllum mattogrossense 'Red' (behide slate Right)

Bacopa monnieri

Xmas Moss

More plants to be added soon

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode