Thank you all for the kind words !
To D.Gilly, yes it is the no-light tank as you say !
But now there is light, I made a DIY fixture. I am still thinking of no-light though....
I'll give some specs:
You can see pics of construction here: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...t-fixture.html
Tank is 136x59x57cms (53"x23"x22")
Light: I installed 6x55W PC lights, 6,500K with electronic ballasts. On the pictures above only 2x55W are on.
Filter is a 2028 for time being. I plan to add my 2026 on the other side when I stop my other tank (still a plant growing tank)
I do not plan for CO2, but time will tell.
I already started adding some Excel to help plant settle down.
- A forest of Crypts ! (that's the plan)
- Echinodorus Amazonica,
- Echinodorus Tenellus
- Anubias on the driftwood.
I do not plan to add more plant species (maybe some fast growing plant that I still have in my other tank to help with algae in case but only temporary)
The only one I would like to add would be a lotus on the far left end of the drifwood....but I know it is not available here on regular basis...
John P. & fresh_mewby, yes I know some ADA lilly pipe would look good, but :
- their price, plus shipping cost to where I'm living, make these way out of my budget...
- I have two little monsters at home, and the tank is sitting in the middle of the living room so I had to make something not too bad looking, but more important had to be "kid proof", "crash proof", "pull proof", "hang proof", etc....
But I am confident they will find a way of playing with it that I have not yet imagine myself !
- then PVC became the only available option with local choice of grey or white...I choose white. Actually looks better in reallity that on the picture where it's really too bright...But not perfect I know....
mrbelvedere: for the fishes, the idea is one large school for small fishes, but choice is not made yet. I will also have to cope with the limited choice available here
Any ideas are welcome !