This recent scape is using the gro soil tabs from Riparium Supply. I pushed some into the sand on the last scape and was impressed by the plant response, so I wanted to try doing the entire tank with them. I still plan on using minimal ferts in the water to feed the ferns and buces.
On to the pictures-
FTS 080313 - buce to (hopefully) fill/cover the brances
Left side - P helferi, Bacopa sp. Japan, L aromatica
Middle - C parva, C pygmaeus, C nurii, C green gecko NLJF, H pinnatifida
Right - S repens, B japonica, P yatabeanus, L arcuata, L repens mini, C helferi
The wood is centered a little more than I would like. I tried using the rule of thirds, measured and put tape on the glass as a guide, but then I ended up placing most of the wood to the right of the tape instead of left. Oh well.
The C parva was my biggest surprise. I originally had 6-7 small pieces and after separating and planting, my count was 20 pieces. That's a lot of growth since March for a plant like this.