HELLO 1st post - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
HELLO 1st post

Well most aquarist upgrade from fresh to salt water but me I am going from SALTWATER To planted tank. I will still have my SALT WATER. ANYWAYS LAST week i saw a planted tank and i loved it. it looks pretty nice when u have the right aquascape and other things. Anyways i have a 20 long just sitting so I think i want to start a planted tank. Well i want to c if everyone who has a 20 long to post pics so i can get some ideas on aquascaping and what plants to use in a 20 long. By the way what website has the best deal on plants and the shipping is not too expensive, WELL for now thats the only question i have. I AM PRETTY sure i will ask more questions in the future. thanks alot. AND Free Tibet..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)
I don't have a 20 long to show you, but welcome to the planted tank. There is an amazing wealth of information on the board and in the heads of your fellow planted tank enthusiast. The best deals I've found on plants is right here in our very own swap and shop section. Good luck with the new tank.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
check the one in my signature.

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
all gone now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 05:42 AM

Hi FreeTibet. Where did you see the planted tank? There is a pretty nice one at "The Aquarium" at 7200 South. I'm interested in finding some people in the Utah/Idaho area that want to trade plants back & forth. The distances are probably too great and the number of interested people are too few to justify a club at present. Hopefully this will change soon.

Anyways....... welcome.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Hey "TheotherGeoff" ur 20 long looks pretty nice.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I really must point out that if you're going to use "Free Tibet" as your user name, and you're going to mention "Free Tibet" in your first post, then you really need to get a Tibetan flag for your avatar. Just for consistency's sake.

And for a tank as small as a 20, I'd suggest you try to trade or buy from members here. That wouldn't take many plants to fill. If you can afford high light equipment, a carpet of glosso looks great in short tanks.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wingsdlc
As Canoe2Can kind of hit on, I would suggest to you to try and find plants that are short and ones that have small leaves. This will help make your tank look larger than it is.

What are your thoughts for light, ferts, Co2, and substrate?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode