Planted 29 with a lack of aquascaping skills - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Planted 29 with a lack of aquascaping skills

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but been in the hobby for about 6 months now. I did have a tank in high school and failed, but I am older and wiser now, ha! Thought I would share my 29g in the living room and get some opinions on what I should do next. This is like the display tank for those who come and go, but I have a new 75g in my office that's dirted and being cycled as we speak; we'll get to that one later on though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhtKUFPiURU

Let me know guys!

29 Gallon
Aqueon Evolve 4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Your scape already looks better than mine

Looks good. Need more low light plants though. It will slowly grow into a jungle MAybe spread your crypts a big more, they seems to be in tight bunches. I dont like amazon swords though, they are just too big and boring. But thats just my opinion OH red tiger lotus would be a brilliant addition to your tank. Its red and a low light plant.

Overall looks good.

My Most Unimaginative Tank on Plantedtank >

My Hens and Chicks Plants >

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks samee. There was never really a plan for an aquascape, it's been a 'do it as I go' type of thing. One good thing about the all-in-one substrates, like Eco-Complete, is they are easy to rescape constantly. I looked up that Red Tiger Lotus and I may be hunting some down for the tank; I never heard of it until now! Crypts will be spread out next water change.

Believe it or not, most of this is from petsmart! Minus the sprite, two big swords, and rotala.

29 Gallon
Aqueon Evolve 4

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 04:31 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Nothing wrong with your 'scaping skills...looks really nice!

The worst thing you could do right now is muck it up with some sort of rescape.

It seems to be very clear, the plants look healthy, the fauna look healthy, ... did I mention really nice looking tank?!

Let in fill in for a year or so, and then if anyone recommends changing anything, send them to me!...lol!

Great job!

Last edited by fred1163; 06-02-2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: and furthermore...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks fred1163! I plan on cutting the wisteria on the left and letting it float so there will be a floating mess on the left side and let that rotala grow in pretty good.

29 Gallon
Aqueon Evolve 4

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
I think it is a great start also. I would just like to see some sort of focal point in the tank though, maybe a nice tall stone or driftwood. Just a suggestion. I would also get that wisteria planted or you risk roots going every which way. Stuff is a weed though and will fill out a large portion of your tank. Be ready to trim, mine has filled in and I have to make sure to trim often so it doesn't encroach on everything else.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looking good. I ordered some more plants for mine, and looking for a few more.

The M
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I know what you mean about the roots, but I think the big bunch of wisteria leaves would take the eye away from the roots. Plus if they get too long then I could trim them back; it's a super hardy plant anyways. I love floating some plants though!

@hillmom
You can, almost, never have too many plants!

29 Gallon
Aqueon Evolve 4

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Looks good, I agree with the others, I am not seeing any lack of aquascaping skills in there. You did some nice work with that tank. How's everything in there doing now?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I got an order of plants in today and I need to get things arranged and then report back!

29 Gallon
Aqueon Evolve 4

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode