A sneak peak, new start - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (7/100%)
A sneak peak, new start

Use URL for Bigger shot (just click on the image):
Hardscape 1 Fall 2006 by ~StevenChong-no-GMF on deviantART

A new semester, a new tank. To be honest I'm a bit too anxious while I wait for the plants to arrive. Thought I'd give a sneak peak of what's to come.

It's been awhile since I posted anything meaningful on this forum-- I'd like to start this new project by apologizing for that, and for the trouble that I've caused for people on this forum in the past. I just wanted to say that from here out I'll try to be a member of this community that can show dedication along with sensitivity.

But, I'm rambling-- please look for the journal thread I'll start when the plants arrive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:08 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
Wow, I love the rock work! Judging from your nano's I can say this trial will be nothing short of a masterpiece.

What size tank is? How much AS did you end up having to use?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Sure Tank is 60cm; so far, there are 9 liters in there, but I plan on using 2-3 more as I finish the hardscape. This isn't going to be an iwagumi, so there will be a few other strange things I do to this before planting . . .

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 06:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to xcooperx
is that a white sand on the front?

20 Gal. JBJ 2x65watts CF, ADA Aquasoil, JBJ Pressurized Co2, Rhinox 3000 and Aquaclear 50 (Current Tank)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last Updated: April. 11, 2013
29 Gal. Coralife 130watts CF, ADA Aquasoil, JBJ Pressurized c02,Rhinox 2000 and Xp2 (RETIRED)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last Updated: Dec. 15, 2006
20L 65watts CF , 100 % Eco-Complete, JBJ Pressurized co2 w/ Rhinox 1000 and Fluval 203 (RETIRED)
Last Updated: October 1, 2006
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

I will have a sand foreground, but right now that's just the color of the surface underneath the aquarium.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks stunning. Cant wait to see it with the contrast of the sand and some planting. How did you do the rock work?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Pretty basic really-- Paid close attention to balance while buying/finding lava rocks, and made sure I brought an ample supply of smaller ones. Make sure the lower rocks hold back the aquasoil firmly so that the higher rocks can sit on top of the mound. I brought a bunch of tools with me like un-used paint brushes and painting knives. I have one of those sand-levelers from ADA but I think the real usefulness of that thing comes when the tank is filled. With a dry tank, shorter handled tools will allow even more control.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 02:30 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
The hardscape is already so beautiful. There is no doubt that after the plants have been added,it will look perfect.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode