Panorama Scape-Moutain/Lake/Forest - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Panorama Scape-Moutain/Lake/Forest

Hi! It was about time i do something with my empty 40 gallons.

Here's some pics of the progress. I dont know all names of the plants ive used, but in there are platy/guppy/neons/tetras/danios/shrimps/snails/clams
The bottom is bare, to give it the illusion of a lake separating two landscapes.

Believe in the impossible because only a fraction of the things humans have accomplished was considered possible - IK
Youtube Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram @ Enshacra87
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (105/100%)
Looking good.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (40/100%)
Looks really cool. Do you plan on placing any kind of substrate between them. What type of rocks did you use.

I used to keep an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire12 View Post
Looks really cool. Do you plan on placing any kind of substrate between them. What type of rocks did you use.
Yes substrate is a mix of aquasoil, sand, clay pebbles and the bigger rocks are sediments stream rocks ... Planning on making the bottom bluer ... To b continued

Believe in the impossible because only a fraction of the things humans have accomplished was considered possible - IK
Youtube Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram @ Enshacra87
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Very nice tank!

I like the river it reminds me of my barebottom reef tank
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Planted Member

Very nice.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

Without substrate between looks good, until algae strikes.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
I really like the look of this. No substrate instead of a sand "channel" actually looks pretty cool.

I have an odd suggestion that I don't know will work but may be worth a try. Look into "shadow box backgrounds" and maybe you can apply the same where water would be, using a blue light. Maybe add some crushed glass or something. It may not work but could be cool. You can buy blue tint film for cars or spray blue tinted paint (usually called "stained glass paint". Now it may be too late for all those ideas, much less them all but I just wanted to share some ideas.

That said, I really am loving the look of this. I like the left side but hopefully it doesn't out grow itself. If so...add some stems and trim when needed. Lovely tank.

-Matt

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:46 AM

PTrader: (15/100%)
Quite the nifty idea! I like.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
I've always loved your tanks, very creative. Glad you aren't afraid to try new things, usually when I try something new it's a disaster, but seems to always work out for you.

You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 04:25 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (58/100%)
That looks really nice. Way to think outside the box. I actually liked it better with the wood on the left side myself though.

How do you plan to keep the sand from settling and filling in the middle where there is no substrate?

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Planted Member

for the wood is an eyesore..other than that kinda looks like a hanging garden though.. really nice!

Abhradip Choudhuri

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (35/100%)
Wow, you have done it again. Lovely tank. No corydoras going in I hope? The sand would not remain neatly banked if they are present! Love the overhanging sword plant and the odd bit of of wood now. Without the wood the plantings would be a bit bland with no shadows at the moment. Suspect that is going to change soon enough once the Apon starts doing its thing.

I recently discovered if you put the thermometer on the side of the tank that suction cup isn't so bothersome. The actual thermometer can be rotated in the holder after all! All these years.......

River Bank

MOP* Nano
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
nicely done Iz!!

There are 2 types of people on this forum. Those that have algae, and those that lie and say they don't.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
h4n
Banned

PTrader: (713/100%)
Very nice! I like it!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode